Quantcast

More ride reports...finally

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
After over a week of moving and not being able to ride, we got out on the trails today.

Jumped off some stuff:

Rode over some stuff:

Saw some things blooming:

Made Sanchez VERY happy:

And after this landing...

Had a tire full of thorns=flat tire:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
sweet... looks like some fun riding... thanks for posting... I cant wait to get back out... I've taken a week and a half off... it sucks to not ride... but helps when good pics are up!!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Cool - how did the fork treat you???
Fork is good. I would say that its not as plush as the pike overall, but the geometry made my bike feel sooooooo much better. I did some drops maybe 4 feet today and it felt fine, but the fork tops out when I pull on the bars, so Im thinking some negative air would be good.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Fork is good. I would say that its not as plush as the pike overall, but the geometry made my bike feel sooooooo much better. I did some drops maybe 4 feet today and it felt fine, but the fork tops out when I pull on the bars, so Im thinking some negative air would be good.
Yeah - run the negative air about 2 1/2 - 3 times the positive air. I found the charts to be closer than actually setting the sag. It was really harsh for some reason if I just set the sag. It should be broken in though. I had about 30 hours on it, and put new oil in originally and just changed it a short while back. I am thinking I put the original 7.5 wt golden spectro back in it, but it could have some 10 wt silkolene in it. I don't recall.