Quantcast

More stolen bikes...

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
So, while my buddy and his roomate were at work yesterday, somebody rolled up, opened the garage door and rolled off with a Cove Peeler (black, with 7" 888 fork) a .243 (black, 01 red boxxer fork) and a 99 Giant ATX DS (polished, leaky 99 Boxxer fork). The bitches! Everyone's feeling pretty mad right now, don't get a lot of that crap over here on Whidbey Island. I better not know whoever ripped them, as there's a pretty small group of riders around here..... :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I had a bike stolen along with some other stuff. I filed a claim and after the deductable got some compensation. The following year they raise the rates by about 20% and they wont go down till next year. I would still file a claim, thats what insurance is for. I know insurance companies dont like claims for water damage and if you do that twice they will cancel you,

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Add up the retail value of the bikes. It gets into felony charges real quick. A friend had 2 old school XC (klein, balance days) bikes stolen off his porch in centrailia. The value of them added up to enough to make it a big charge. Unfortunatly for him the cops recovered the bikes so instead of a fat insurance check, he got back 2 old bikes with taco'd wheels......

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
oly said:
Add up the retail value of the bikes. It gets into felony charges real quick. A friend had 2 old school XC (klein, balance days) bikes stolen off his porch in centrailia. The value of them added up to enough to make it a big charge. Unfortunatly for him the cops recovered the bikes so instead of a fat insurance check, he got back 2 old bikes with taco'd wheels......
$250+ = felony, im assumig (duh) the total of both bikes is over $1500 which makes it a class B Felony

Not to mention Residential Burglary (Class B Felony) on top of the felony theft charges :)

oh and if the prosecutor wanted to be a real badass, hed throw on some Possession Of Stolen Property charges, another Class B Felony

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Felony is anything over $2500 (from what I remeber from Adm. Justice classes from 5 years ago). Sorry about the loss of bikes.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Post some pics if you can.
That way we can keep an eye out. Keep an eye on the buy and sell forums and take pics to the pawn shops. When I was involved in a theft, a pawn shop gave us a call that somebody was trying to sell it.
Bike theives suck. Garages are suprisingly easy to break into.