Quantcast

more stuff from dogfish

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
saw this the other day in the store and decided to get some:

pretty hoppy, and i think a bit stronger (9%) than the regular 90 min IPA. also got some of the shelter pale ale, but not as much of a fan. i like what dogfish is doing, but their lineup is still hit or miss w/ me.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
You know it's all about the Raison. :)

I will never try their IPAs again myself. To be avoided at all costs. The 120 minute version turned me off of hoppy beer for a good six months.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i like the 60 min IPA and the indian brown ale the best. they are excellent. the chicory stout is ok, as is the au courant and 90 min IPA. the shelter pale ale is below that, and the raison d'etre and 120 min IPA i can't see myself every buying again.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
narlus said:
the raison d'etre and 120 min IPA i can't see myself every buying again.
LOL!

The Raison is definitely in my top five of all time. So good...must be an acquired taste? :p

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
:thumb: 60 min IPA will probably be the next one I try.
berkshire....pick me up some of that and deliver it next time you're up my way!! I love Dogfish, but can;t seems to find it up our way. :confused:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
McGRP01 said:
berkshire....pick me up some of that and deliver it next time you're up my way!! I love Dogfish, but can;t seems to find it up our way. :confused:
Check in Clifton Park next time your down that way. The store I used to go to on Rte 9 carried everything. I think it was called Savemore Beverage, or something like that. If you get off the Northway at exit #9, and go over to Rte 9, head south. About a half mile past Wal-Mart, it's on your right between a used car dealer and a liquor store. If you come to Grooms Rd, you have gone too far.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
berkshire_rider said:
What would you say are the other "Hits". :confused:
I finally picked up a pack of their
Midas Touch, which sounds very interesting. First time I've seen it.

The Aprihop will be available in a few weeks, I'm looking forward to that since discovering Pyramid's Apricot Ale.

The Indian Brown is always a good choice, available pretty widely and better than any other brown I've tried.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Check in Clifton Park next time your down that way. The store I used to go to on Rte 9 carried everything. I think it was called Savemore Beverage, or something like that. If you get off the Northway at exit #9, and go over to Rte 9, head south. About a half mile past Wal-Mart, it's on your right between a used car dealer and a liquor store. If you come to Grooms Rd, you have gone too far.
Looks like I need to go home through Clifton Park soon!