Quantcast

More Tire stuff

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody read the Sept. edition of Mountain Bike Action?

They reviewed about 30 different tires in the issue.
The thing that struck me wasn't that the Kenda Nevagals and Blue Grooves did so well it was the fact that MBA talked so openly about having to add Stan's No Tubes to the tire to get it to work right.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Kenda's website have a huge disclaimer about how you are not supposed to use any type sealeant with the tires because it degrades the rubber?

Just a thought...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnbikeMike said:
:stupid: Yeah, especially MBA.
Agreed, and what I'm bored and stuck at families houses with nothing to do I read them. That said it seems like a pretty blatent mistake, or am I missing something?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
thanks. I guess that tells it like it is huh?
I'm just amazed that a publication like MBA would give the highest rating to a tire combination that according to the Manufacturer voids the warranty.

I don't usually read Mtn Bike mags but it's better than any of the other rags on the shelf.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
I'm just amazed that a publication like MBA would give the highest rating to a tire combination that according to the Manufacturer voids the warranty.

I don't usually read Mtn Bike mags but it's better than any of the other rags on the shelf.
Dirt Rag is fairly decent.