Quantcast

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
a Cummins 12V? I'm interested since I'm tryin to do a swap with a 4bt into a 76 bronco.
Yea a 12 valve. That would be a cool project. I'm going get this truck going and run it till the military decommissions all the 1st gen humvees. Then i'm ganna buy one with a blown POS 6.2 and drop a common rail 5.9 in it. That's a long while off though

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Got the engine in the new rig. Now I need to run all the hoses, throw in the clutch, and tranny and I'm good to go. This whole thing is going much easier than I thought it would.

Thank god for mechanical crap. 2 plugs in the transmission, and like 4 on the motor and the electrical was DONE.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
this should be your next project
his is perhaps one of the most hands-down awesome aftermarket conversions we've ever laid our eyes on. A few brilliant souls have come up with the perfect solution for the those old trucks languishing around the farm: build a scale replica of a big rig out of them. For the low, low price of just $12,950, you get the complete body ready to bolt onto your 1980s-1990s Ford F-250 two-wheel drive, 1973-1987 Chevrolet Pickup or 1994-2003 Dodge Ram into a baby big rig.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The mini big rig is a colossal waste of money imo--what good is a pickup with no bed at all? Besides playing smokey and the bandit on halloween...

That big rig next to it with what looks like a cube-like camper shell on it has me intrigued, however. Ultimate survival machine for the Mad Max future? Run stuff over with the truck, fill up the huge diesel tanks, live in back? :D

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I ended up finding a 4WD NV4500 with Tcase and drive shafts out of an 02 with 60K on it. That's going in today, and as soon as that's all done and hooked up my Junk should be done. I'll post pics when it is. All that's left now is building a bumper, getting new tires, and setting up a rack system.

Next project is going to be some strait car stupidity. Built 12 valve with a built 47RH in a pre 75 coupe daville. Before you guys say too much, all I have to fab is the motor mounts, cross member, and some extra beef for the frame. All that's required to start the motor is getting current through 1 solenoid and the starter. So a button and a switch will start the engine and the column will work the lights and stereo and such.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The mini big rig is a colossal waste of money imo--what good is a pickup with no bed at all? Besides playing smokey and the bandit on halloween...

That big rig next to it with what looks like a cube-like camper shell on it has me intrigued, however. Ultimate survival machine for the Mad Max future? Run stuff over with the truck, fill up the huge diesel tanks, live in back? :D
i dont think its meant to be something too practical.

some long haul car tractors have HUGE custom sleepers. for some reason, we see a lot of Reliable Carrier trucks around here and they always have ridiculous sleepers on them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
more functional

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stevew: Yes! That's a bugout vehicle and a half. I approve.

IH8Rice: the sleeper on that first one you posted looks perfect to carry around one's horse... :D

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Who's got the biggest balls of them all?

Scientists have found a bushcricket species with testicles that account for up to 14% of its body weight. Way to hit that bush Jimmy!!!!