Quantcast

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Pulled the radiator, fan, innercooler, AC unit, exhaust, batteries, drive shafts, and transition. Gatta disconnect the fuel lines and the rest of the electrical tomorrow. Later this Week my friend is going to come over to pull the engine and take it to his house He has a 1996 4wd rolling chassy with an extended cab long bed in PERFECT condition (it's white there's no paint chips ALL the electrical works and the dash isnt caved in) for me to drop my motor and tranny into next week. (now I need to decide weather i want to do a devorced Tcase or find a 4wd transmition, but i'll run it 2 wheel for a couple months)

Loads of pics to come guys, promise, and I will update you with every **** up. So far I have yet to screw anything up

Edit, I'm also wiring in 2 10 inch boston subs in with elemental design amps and speakers. 900 watts RMS going to the subs and 100 watts RMS going to each speaker, and a nice layer of hush mat

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
So you paid ~$6k for a high mileage engine and tranny. Well played.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
So you paid ~$6k for a high mileage engine and tranny. Well played.
Out of pocket I'm looking right around 5Gs. (depending on how much I get for the old truck, there is a good chance I will get more) Diesel's are EXPENSIVE, I guess you haven't looked. For a 4wd 12 valve on craigslist in the condition my new truck is in I would be looking like 7-8K

The Tranny got a rebuild like 30K ago, with an upgraded output shaft, as well 200K on a diesel isn't ****.

Edit my 2wd truck needed 800$ worth new brakes, new front suspension/ steering stuff and some odds and ends, that's really why I was down to do it

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
toshi and mmike are killling me.

good luck with the truck mooshu.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
toshi and mmike are killling me.

good luck with the truck mooshu.
What ever, I'm ganna wipe the smug right of toshi's face, with a nice cloud of clean boi diesel soot right into his window!!! You're getting 50 miles of fossil fuel per gallon. I don't use ANY. Not to mention there weren't the limbs being hacked off in Africa involved in mining battery materials.

It's ok toshi, when you're as smug as you are you're head doesn't get far enough from your ass to realize that my damn carbon footprint is WAY smaller than yours :thumb:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Biodiesel you say.. from Corn oil you say. Toshi, you want to pull up those fuel cost/acre stats again?

As for puffing soot, you're burning dirty, which the the problem. Dumbass.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Biodiesel you say.. from Corn oil you say. Toshi, you want to pull up those fuel cost/acre stats again?

As for puffing soot, you're burning dirty, which the the problem. Dumbass.
Just found a Chinese restaurant for waste oil. I understand corn takes a TON of fuel to produce (and I understand how dumb corn ethanol is, sugar ethanol is the money maker) and how subsidized it is, but it's being thrown away, and treated as hazardous waste. I'm not ADDING carbon to the equation

Damn strait I'm burning dirty!!! It's an older diesel with a strait pipe. (co cat, no muffler, NOTHING) with a bit of tuning done to it (fuel plate, governor spring ) so I'm dumping allot more fuel in then stock. When I'm at a light and I smash on the gas in neutral, good size cloud of smoke. When I'm accelerating at a light normally, unless it's warming up you don't see anything

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
no cat, no muffler? wow. And you call yourself an environmentalist? You are a freaking hypocrite.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
no cat, no muffler? wow. And you call yourself an environmentalist? You are a freaking hypocrite.
The truck didn't come with a cat from the factory. It will still smoke through a muffler.

I do not call myself an environmentalist, just calling toshi out on his hypocrisies. Just saying I would put money that my carbon footprint is smaller than his.

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
i wouldn't bother with a divorced transfer case personally. it will be a long drivetain, harder to mount, and extra driveshaft to maintain (or break), and they are hard to find as well.

maybe i missed it, but what is the project?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
i wouldn't bother with a divorced transfer case personally. it will be a long drivetain, harder to mount, and extra driveshaft to maintain (or break), and they are hard to find as well.

maybe i missed it, but what is the project?
My options are selling my 2wd NV4500, and picking up a 4WD NV4500, a Tcase, and stock 4wd shafts. My other option is an NP205 case, they are easy to find for like 100-150$. I'm only making like 300 horse, and wont be doing anything close to crawling. Lot's of fire roads that you would want a 4wd truck for, but it's not getting lifted or anything.

It's a 96 cummins. going from a 2wd with a jacked up body, to a 4wd that's in perfect shape.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
just calling toshi out on his hypocrisies. Just saying I would put money that my carbon footprint is smaller than his.
pretty sure that your Nox emissions are negating any effect of the reduction of carbon in diesel exhaust. sorry dude, but I used to drive a 97 12V. you are a polluter, get off the bandwagon and be proud of it.

and that smoke.... its particulate matter. lotsa carbon there.

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
makes more sense when presented like that. still, if i were starting from scratch i wouldn't want a divorced t-case. sounds like you're on the right track, just be sure to use 1350 series yokes.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
makes more sense when presented like that. still, if i were starting from scratch i wouldn't want a divorced t-case. sounds like you're on the right track, just be sure to use 1350 series yokes.
agreed, I'm ganna wait till spring and keep and eye out for a 4WD transmission, hopefully I'll find some one parting out a truck then I can grab the T case and drive shafts too, but Either way it will work out

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
agreed, I'm ganna wait till spring and keep and eye out for a 4WD transmission, hopefully I'll find some one parting out a truck then I can grab the T case and drive shafts too, but Either way it will work out
Let's try this in English:
Agreed. I'm going to wait until spring, then keep an eye out for a 4WD transmission. Hopefully I'll find someone parting out a truck, then I can grab the T case and drive shafts. Either way, it will work out.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Let's try this in English:
Agreed. I'm going to wait unitl spring, then keep an eye out for a 4WD transmission. Hopefully I'll find someone parting out a truck, then I can grab the T case and drive shafts. Either way, it will work out.
Way to go dickhead unitl..... you mean until. You're screwing up being a douche bag......

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Engine is ready to pull. Got up early before school today, got my exhaust, turbo, fuel lines, and intake out. Now I'm waiting for my friend to come by tomorrow so we can pop the motor to his house where the new truck is.