Quantcast

More useful than 29ers?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
30" car tires available soon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PTNA Going to 30 Inches With Scorpion Line

(Akron/Tire Review) During the recent New York Auto Show, Pirelli Tire North America (PTNA) announced it will begin full production of its Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico in size 315/30R30 – which it describes as the first production 30-inch tyre. PTNA will produce the tyres at its MIRS plant in Rome, Georgia. “The 30-inch Scorpion Zero is not about selling huge volumes; it’s more about satisfying a highly visible niche opportunity and making a statement in the market place,” said PTNA President Guy Mannino in announcing production plant. “Our past initiatives in this product area have driven huge interest in plus sizing on light trucks, to a point where 22-inch tyres can almost be considered the norm.”

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Skookum said:
Trippy Michelins, possibly better for the environment with less rubber?...
Not the intent. I read about them recently in a motorcycle magazine. The point is (if I remember correctly) to increase grip and decrease flats. Plus it's simpler than a tire/wheel combo.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wow. Hats off to the bastardpants...it's not like the first post in this thread was annoying.

I am tempted by the dark side. WOOT!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Bicyclist said:
Not the intent. I read about them recently in a motorcycle magazine. The point is (if I remember correctly) to increase grip and decrease flats. Plus it's simpler than a tire/wheel combo.
Thats what I heard too, the brip I'm not so sure about, but the flats issue I can see being true.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
maxyedor said:
or there's this nifty invention
That concept wheel/tire has been floating around for a while.

That much wheel squirm isn't something that I would want to deal with.