Quantcast

More Windrock NO SHUTTLE ROAD SUX!!!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Originally posted by mfzbike
hellyeah
what about riding on same natural stuff?
you do ride DH bikes right? the trail looks a
little groomed to be fun, in my opinion:(

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by bcd
what about riding on same natural stuff?
you do ride DH bikes right? the trail looks a
little groomed to be fun, in my opinion:(
The pics are misleading. There is some man-made stuff at winrock but the majority of the trail is just nasty natural features. Think super steep terrain, very tech rock gardens, with some built stuff littered in.:)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
BCD, I've ridden the trails near Sandia with Mark and the gang and these trails blow those away. The Alb. trails flow well and carry a lot of speed, but the Windrock trails are super tough and super steep with techy stuff everywhere. What this guy is posting is the more photo op friend stuff and it looks likes he not even riding the expert/pro level stuff. Trust me these are not overl'y groomed.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
At the end of everyday riding out there we always get mad at each other for not stopping to take pictures. These have been posted before, but are worth posting again I suppose.

Currently the toughest section of trail in my opinion. Trail 2 rock garden.

This is Spoke80...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
This is the pro/expert stuff. That bulkhead drop was only in the pro/expert course because of the waterfall and first rockgarden. This is the exit to trail 2 rock garden...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Alex,

Don't get me wrong though. I loved riding the trails near Sandia. They were such fun and I'd give most anything to ride them again. I rode them last summer before I moved back home to Windrock. At that time, I did all I could do to keep Tony in sight. BTW thank him for hanging back with me. :)

Squasher did the Cloudcroft race last year and he said that Windrock is as steep as some sections of Cloudcroft, but at Windrock they last forever and it seems that even some of them are inverted. :p

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
look like you guys need one of these:p :p

PAVED SHUTTLE ROADS!!

WE WINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :D :eek: :monkey:

bikejunke

Chimp
Jan 27, 2003
knoxvegas, tn
Alright Doug, in regards to the new trail at bigfoot, I must admit at first I was a bit confused. But after seeing the new stuff, WOW very good work my friend.

We worked out there on the course for a couple of hours yesterday, and would like to see you out there this weekend with some equipment, any chance?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, JP and I rode the lift at Sandia :rolleyes: trying to find the trails. We spent all day riding down that Eagle something trail looking for the good trails, but we kept missing them. Then at the end of the day we ran into Mark, Tony and one other cat. There was a white Intense, a Orange and that one-off silver bike. But they agreed to show us two of the shuttle runs before we collapsed from altittude and exhaustion. Super cool and I did love that shuttle road. I see that the tire combo of choice hasn't cahnged from lat summer. 32/front and 25/rear.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by bikejunke
Alright Doug, in regards to the new trail at bigfoot, I must admit at first I was a bit confused. But after seeing the new stuff, WOW very good work my friend.

We worked out there on the course for a couple of hours yesterday, and would like to see you out there this weekend with some equipment, any chance?
Bummer I am out of town this weekend. :( But we'll talk and I'll do what I can.

Did you guys hit that step-down? Its sooooooo smoooooooooth. We need to do something to slow you down coming in to it. I have to brake check way too much to not flat bottom it. I am getting amped about the next jump though. I am after some air time with that one. :)

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
Originally posted by profro
What this guy is posting is the more photo op friend stuff and it looks likes he not even riding the expert/pro level stuff.
The pics in this thread of are my buddy mfzbike and myself. I think its a tab bit unfair to say that just because we didnt take pics of the waterfall or the rockgardens that we didnt ride them. I think its too much fun bombing down places like the waterfall to stop and take a picture....and its kinda hard to stop ;)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by mtbman4
The pics in this thread of are my buddy mfzbike and myself. I think its a tab bit unfair to say that just because we didnt take pics of the waterfall or the rockgardens that we didnt ride them. I think its too much fun bombing down places like the waterfall to stop and take a picture....and its kinda hard to stop ;)
Railyard, Dark Hollow, Trail 2 Rockgarden, Bedrock......????

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
well hell man....i'm sorry the shuttle road was closed we didn't have time to hit everything and take nice pics for all of you to enjoy i'm sorry i even post anything on here all i get is sh*t......

i'm just tryin to show people how fun this place is....damn!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by mfzbike
well hell man....i'm sorry the shuttle road was closed we didn't have time to hit everything and take nice pics for all of you to enjoy i'm sorry i even post anything on here all i get is sh*t......

i'm just tryin to show people how fun this place is....damn!!
Whoa, your skin is a little thin isn't it? We're only try to convince a pro that the whole thing isn't man made and overly groomed. The bulkhead, first rock garden and waterfall were huge obstacles for us when the first trails were built. But the new stuff as I mentioned Railyard, Dark Hollow, Trail 2 Rock Garden, and even the new stuff above the road is truely expert level stuff when taken at speed and we want to show some peeps that the place really is about the natural terrain and not a ramp and a built jump. BUt its really about clearing the trail 2 rock garden and knowing that you've accomplished something.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
Originally posted by profro
BCD What this guy is posting is the more photo op friend stuff and it looks likes he not even riding the expert/pro level stuff. Trust me these are not overl'y groomed.

well don't assume that i'm "NOT" riding the other sections.....

truce man...

Windrock offers every aspect of downhill

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
and believe me guys......yesterday joey showed me the "new" section that he's been workin.....above the original trailhead...
theres all the natural, technical, steep, and world class downhill you could ask for up there

windrock is gonna be close to a 10min run when joey gets done...