Quantcast

More Winter Coat help needed

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Okay so my girlfriend Laura told me recently that she wants to get a long winter parka that will come down below her knees. Something like this:

But when she saw the price tag she said, "that's too much, but that's what I'm looking for."

So, Monkeys - where can I find something like this for under $100 bucks?

Any ideas?

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Army/Navy store?
Good luck in finding a full length winter coat for under 100 bones
You get what you pay for. For that much its either going to have no insulation or fall apart by the time it comes out of the box

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
luken8r said:
Army/Navy store?
Good luck in finding a full length winter coat for under 100 bones
You get what you pay for. For that much its either going to have no insulation or fall apart by the time it comes out of the box

I agree.

that's why I was hoping for links to closout type places or overstock places.

Maybe I should look at the Big O's website.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Gap, maybe? i don't know if it will go past the knees, i do know they have a fair amount of longer jackets. won't be technically superior to much, if anything, but it'll be long, and less than $100.

i've noticed that Lands' End's basic stuff is fairly reasonably priced, so finding something cheaper might be hard.

i like this jacket:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mark, is this just for every day winter wear? You should be able to find a basic snow parka for $100, but if this is going to be for skiing, I think you're going to have a hard time fitting that budget.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
Mark, is this just for every day winter wear? You should be able to find a basic snow parka for $100, but if this is going to be for skiing, I think you're going to have a hard time fitting that budget.
Not to mention that a knee-length ski jacket is a bad idea.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Goodwill? Or she is not kind of person who would accept used clothing for a gift?

MMcG said:
Okay so my girlfriend Laura told me recently that she wants to get a long winter parka that will come down below her knees. Something like this:

But when she saw the price tag she said, "that's too much, but that's what I'm looking for."

So, Monkeys - where can I find something like this for under $100 bucks?

Any ideas?

so how much was this one?

is it the $99 from Lands End? This time of year, I don't think you'll find cheaper....

however, check snowshack.com and geardirect.com

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
btw the parka is for everyday wearing and not for skiing. She's got a nice ski jacket and nice ski pants too.

She's a school nurse and often goes to work in her nurse's scrubs and as you know scrub pants are fairly thin - so the idea was that this longer parka would help keep her legs and tush nice and warm during the winter.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
SkaredShtles said:
Ummmm....... uhhh..........

I know you guys are making fun of me and all, but this picture makes it all worthwhile. :thumb:
Hey, its all in good fun. I was the one that took up for you, because I too..........

have had a pair of bike shorts shrink from the dryer.:mumble: :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
She's a school nurse and often goes to work in her nurse's scrubs and as you know scrub pants are fairly thin - so the idea was that this longer parka would help keep her legs and tush nice and warm during the winter.
Laura is a school nurse? Man, I'd be sick everyday! ;)