Quantcast

Morewood Izimu + ISCG Adapter?

Hey guys,

I'll cut to the chase here. I bought an e.13 SRS+ a few months ago for my old frame (ISCG-05) and am now changing over to an '08 Morewood Izimu, which has ISCG-OLD mounts incorporated into the frame.

The question is; will I be able to run the ISCG-05 adaptor on the frame as a temporary fix until the funds recover to buy an ISCG-OLD backplate?

Thanks a lot.

Welshy

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hey guys,

I'll cut to the chase here. I bought an e.13 SRS+ a few months ago for my old frame (ISCG-05) and am now changing over to an '08 Morewood Izimu, which has ISCG-OLD mounts incorporated into the frame.

The question is; will I be able to run the ISCG-05 adaptor on the frame as a temporary fix until the funds recover to buy an ISCG-OLD backplate?

Thanks a lot.

Welshy
I would simply run the adapter setup...it would be stronger overall than using the ISCG-OLD backplate.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen :thumb:

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
I would simply run the adapter setup...it would be stronger overall than using the ISCG-OLD backplate.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen :thumb:
I am in the same position as Welshy. I'm about to puchase a ISCG OLD frameset (08 Commencal) and currently run one with ISCG 05 on it. The new frame is a 68/73 BB with a 150mm rear spacing.

Two questions;

Are you saying in your post above that ISCG 05 + BB mount is stronger than the ISCG OLD directly mounted to the frame?

Am I also better off running a BB adaptor for spacing reasons? What would be your recommended spacing for this set up?

Last edited: