Quantcast

Morewood Kalula review?

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
I know it's a bit early to ask for a review on the Kalula but I did see one on the board.I'm in search of how the bike performs compared to the Izimu or any other worthy DH race bikes. Thanks.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I know it's a bit early to ask for a review on the Kalula but I did see one on the board.I'm in search of how the bike performs compared to the Izimu or any other worthy DH race bikes. Thanks.
Review...... LMAO....

dude they ship in December of 2009...... they only review you can really get is a biased one from the Morewood guys.,... relax bro... u know morewood produces some great bikes... :-)

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
i'm just skeptical on the sizing since the medium's GEO is closer to my small Izimu. I don't want to get a small and regret it. Decisions..Decisions!!

They probably ship in DEC 09 for US peeps but guys in the UK already have them and of course some sponsored or test dummy riders. Well since I seen one built up on on eof the threads, maybe dude can shine a lil light!

For ex: these guys have the frame;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/propelbike

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Hey Dennis, i need bars too, mofo.....

Yo Chun order a large.... if it doesn't fit you you can give it to me for my Birthday for free... :-)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Morewood Bikes USA llc
542 Duncan Creek Rd, Fletcher,
North Carolina
Tel: +1 888 MTB MORE
Tel: +1 (0)828 687 0788
moreusa@morewoodbikes.com

Ask for Richard or Geritt and talk to them about sizing. They have the blue show bike in house and probably can help you out on sizing.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Morewood Bikes USA llc
542 Duncan Creek Rd, Fletcher,
North Carolina
Tel: +1 888 MTB MORE
Tel: +1 (0)828 687 0788
moreusa@morewoodbikes.com

Ask for Richard or Geritt and talk to them about sizing. They have the blue show bike in house and probably can help you out on sizing.
TRUE TRUE...

They def. helped me with all my needs... :-)

Profro, can you gsuy post the Geo Specs of the Kalula?

Also, TankerX is riding a Small Izimu... what size would you recommend for him... he's 5'5...

Also, i ride a Large Izimu, would a Large Kalula work for me?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Seriously Call Richard or email him. I know they have a 2010 catalog somewhere on the internet for downloading.

Its hard to say for sizing, but realistically the large Izimu is the proper fit for anyone not a newt or woman. The smalls are very small. That being said, I rode a medium Izimu once, which was a custom for Geritt and it felt great. I am 6'1" and would have preferred the medium. I have sat on the blue Kalula and pedaled it around a bit and it is a medium. I probably would grab it as well.

At 5'5" I would probably grab the small.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i didn't know they made Mediums Izimu's....

They only come in two sizes... the Small (which is in between Small/Med) and a Large (which is in between a Medium/Large)

I thought you WERE Geritt, that is why i asked you.... I spoke to them last week, i will shoot Richard an email.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Well, sometimes Geritt wants to be me.

You are right, they don't make a medium Izimu, they just made a one-off for him in 2007 and it felt great.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
TRUE TRUE...

They def. helped me with all my needs... :-)

Profro, can you gsuy post the Geo Specs of the Kalula?

Also, TankerX is riding a Small Izimu... what size would you recommend for him... he's 5'5...

Also, i ride a Large Izimu, would a Large Kalula work for me?
What number do you want to know?
Morewood made the small Izimu 10mm longer for 09/10 which makes them fit a little more like a medium.
The small Izimu and the medium Kalula are almost the exact same size.
TT length on both is 580.
Seat tube is 415 and 414.
Chainstay the kalula is 2mm shorter at 438.
Wheelbase the Kalula is 5mm shorter at 1139.
Head angle is 1/2 degree steeper on the Kalula.
And the BB is 8mm lower, but it has less travel, so that should balance out.

All those numbers are so close, that it should feel the same size wise for sure.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Jeremy? What gives? I don't think you've ever had a post without a joke somewhere in it. Am I missing something?
I bet any of my old math teachers would find my post hilarious. Because I know all these bike geometry numbers, but could never be bothered to solve
"x."
They should have had reach and stack in high school.