Quantcast

Morewood Makulu 2011

chuckie

Monkey
Jul 2, 2007
looks hot, wonder if it will be even lighter, my 10 Makulu with 40's weighs just over 17.1kgs!!

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Digged the old one, but he new one looks even better, might be minimal changes but it's nice to see a real world bike in all these hydroformned masses of late!

Hydro is cool too, but I don't like everything or one being the same, that's what the forces are for e.g Army, Navy, Police, who are all cool and Roadies debatable lol, old ex roadie here tool.

This is MTB however and individualism in people and bikes are good, nice selling point being new but also old school, if only the name didn't get me every time I say it MORE WOOD :D hell but I do like the bikes :rofl: Sorry Mr MW its light hearted not malicious :D

Last edited:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
hope its not i like the idea of being able to run a offset headset if i want to slacken mine more or steepen it. Although so far the angles are so perfect for me i wouldn't change a thing. Im not that keen on the straight top tube but it does look like they have put the frame on a bit of a diet which is nice.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
I'm pretty sure angled headsets for tapered headtubes are being tested so you'll be able to be play around with the HA soon enough.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
hope its not i like the idea of being able to run a offset headset if i want to slacken mine more or steepen it. Although so far the angles are so perfect for me i wouldn't change a thing. Im not that keen on the straight top tube but it does look like they have put the frame on a bit of a diet which is nice.
if it is only the top tube i think it is a simple approach. The TT lenght of the S and L Makulus matches the TT Lenght of the M and L Kalulas - therefore why produce two different TTs.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
if it is only the top tube i think it is a simple approach. The TT lenght of the S and L Makulus matches the TT Lenght of the M and L Kalulas - therefore why produce two different TTs.
True story.
And if a "normal" sized person wants to use the kalula as a DH bike, they should get a large.
That new Makulu looks sweet. It looks like my kalula with that long azz shock on it.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
That makes sense but i think the top tube on the current one looks more esthetically pleasing. With a bike at the price point of the makulu is it really going to make it that much cheaper by sharing tubes between frames. Anyway don't mind me im just bitter cause I just got my makulu and its going to be so last season in the next 8 months or so

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
That makes sense but i think the top tube on the current one looks more esthetically pleasing. With a bike at the price point of the makulu is it really going to make it that much cheaper by sharing tubes between frames. Anyway don't mind me im just bitter cause I just got my makulu and its going to be so last season in the next 8 months or so
agreed, the current tt looks better!

Let's come back on this topic in 8 months or so to see who has orderd a 2011 to avoid to be so last season:D. At the moment I am confident to keep mine for another season

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
only time will tell but having spent some time on mine I'm finding it hard to see how they could make it better bar maybe dropping some weight. The bike is just so dialed its unreal. So if the new layout achieves that i suppose Ill have to make do with function over fashion

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Just wondering to those of you who are running Makulus,

How tall are you and what size are you on?

Also, how heavy and what shock/spring rate?

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Just wondering to those of you who are running Makulus,

How tall are you and what size are you on?

Also, how heavy and what shock/spring rate?
I'm 5.10", weigh 80 - 83 kilograms (depending on time of year :D )
200LBS spring

Ride a small with 55mm stem