Quantcast

Morewood Proto DH bike...

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Got some photos of the Team Morewoodbikes Proto DH racers.... pretty fast looking with the Indusrty 9 wheels they are sponsored by....

:drool:

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
the whole head tube gussets is completely different and shock slider is changed plus it has a lower pivot point and longer swingarm.. I'll try get some better photos.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
the frame looks the same although I am sure there are significant differences besides the weight, but DAMN!!!!! Those I-9 wheels are slick! I desire to own them :drool:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Wow, that's groundbreaking.

It's the "diet coke" of bikes...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
looks pretty good. although the pivot point seems to follow whatever orange is doing with the 22* bikes.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
Nice looking Bullet. It's like a bullet with an orange 222 price tag.
Riders should go buy Bullit paint it white and put racing component on it and call it Jimmy 07.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Micro-Sanjay said:
Nice looking Bullet. It's like a bullet with an orange 222 price tag.
Riders should go buy Bullit paint it white and put racing component on it and call it Jimmy 07.
You DO realize that Bullits have a different geo compared to these Morewood/Orange bikes eh? So they're completely different.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
lets hope so cause well if they didnt i think they need to do a little more reaserch lol. looks good though im digging the new swing arm design and the shock mounts look a lot better than haveing 5 or 6 holes on a solid piece of random metal stuck on the frame.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
bike looks good, the lower pivot placement should be a nice improvement (at least it is on my 224 in comparison to my old 223).

the one thing that sketches me out is what looks to be a very wide shock mount/shock bolt at the rear swingarm. my experience with designs like that is that he bolts bend very easy.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
davetrump said:
bike looks good, the lower pivot placement should be a nice improvement (at least it is on my 224 in comparison to my old 223).

the one thing that sketches me out is what looks to be a very wide shock mount/shock bolt at the rear swingarm. my experience with designs like that is that he bolts bend very easy.

It does looks unnaturally wide eh? I was going to say with thick enough hardware you shouldn't have trouble.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
I knew it would be just a matter of time before Morewood lowered the pivot ala 224...

How exactly is the swingarm longer if the pivot is further back? Longer chainstays?

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
WheelieMan said:
I knew it would be just a matter of time before Morewood lowered the pivot ala 224...

How exactly is the swingarm longer if the pivot is further back? Longer chainstays?
well they wernt that origonal in the first place :nopity:

NeilBey

Chimp
Feb 3, 2006
Polandspring88 said:
Stick with the Bullit. Morewoods are ugly in my opinion.
Speak for yourself bud...
Morewoods are a work of art. Patrick Morewood is the kind of guy who will smack you if you walk into his house with shoes on. He's a perfectionist.

NeilBey

Chimp
Feb 3, 2006
ChrisRobin said:
It does looks unnaturally wide eh? I was going to say with thick enough hardware you shouldn't have trouble.
I can tell you from experience (I'm closely affiliated with morewood in both South Africa and Asheville, NC) that those rear shock-mount bolts do not bend or break. There has been no recorded breakages with any of the racers, grass roots riders or anybody else who rides them.

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
Not to step on shoes here but the wide spacing of the rear shock mount has been brought to attention. Morewood and Cane Creek work closely together and are currently working on design improvements for the mounting area. Ohlins is also helping out here and we should see a new set up soon.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
NeilBey said:
I can tell you from experience (I'm closely affiliated with morewood in both South Africa and Asheville, NC) that those rear shock-mount bolts do not bend or break. There has been no recorded breakages with any of the racers, grass roots riders or anybody else who rides them.
Yup, Im not at liberty to say anything but Tom darthvandavador is a honest guy.

BTW, all the haters, take a look at the next Morewood you see and tell me its the same as a bullit. Santa cruz doesnt hand weld in factory, cnc machine the swingarm, or put anything into the main pivot. Also for the people who say Morewood is ripping on Orange, the 2005 Izimu which came out before the 224 has a lower pivot than the 223.

Those protos look amazing BTW. Look forward to seeing the team ripping them up.