Quantcast

Morewood pump track

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Well I thought it was about time to build one..... started on the wallride/quarter pipe... here is some pics of the product so far!

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Been looking to build something similar and that design is great. How wide is the dirt area that is used for the quarter? I'm guessing it is about 6ft wide if that is a 8ft piece of plywood.

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
The distance from ramp to ramp is about 10ft long.. the board was a pain to get up since its concrete board so it was bloody heavy! the board though is close to 13ft long.
Its taken awhile to build since I have been testing it and then building and then testing again so to get it perfect.
Ive started on the quarter pipe that is cut into the bank.
I've been building it all by myself by hand so it is PERFECT!

The photos make everything look a lot smaller than everything really is.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Sweet. Wouldn't mind checking that out since I'm down Asheville way and itchin' to get the slalom bike back out on some real terrain. That wall looks pretty immaculate, I've been wanting to build a wallride with a dirt quarter into it for awhile. Even better would be two in a row, facing eachother, so you could flow them like a halfpipe.

lemme know if you need shovelhands.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
dope! always good to see someone diggin!

Have you had the opportunity to ride it any?

Can you ride it from both directions? It looks like you can.. no problem....

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
gerritt how does the concrete board hold your tires? seems like it might be a little on the slick side? Looks great, I've always wanted something similar to that...

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
its been hard to design and I have spent awhile designing it so you can hit it from both directions.. the board isn't to slippery... I will put a coat of bed liner spray on it I think.... but its dope so far!! I have a line where it will have a kicker to the top platform on the quarter pipe and a kicker off then into the berm and then the wall ride...

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
So I built up the 3 first rollers and they are smooth!! working perfectly and it was almost dry!! also leveled out the long straight away to the quarter pipe! but then last night it did a snow/rain on me and everything is swamped again... need to get another drain in the middle I think..
so far its look like everything is going to work!

here is my artistic rendition of the pump track!!

still some work to do..

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Ok so after a bit of rain and snow the place was watter logged and frozen up... made it a bit hard to dig!...
I have now done quite a bit more now and is looking real good now!
Its all tying up together quite nicely!

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Ok so I know this is taking time.. but perfection has no time limit... plus I have done this all by hand by myself!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:
I have built a bit more... it was taking time since the ground was still wet from rain and the morning freeze .... its now almost done!! just one more part and a bit of tuning to some angles and we are good to go!
I tried this section out and it is FAST!! already!! its still soft and already able to go around the track with ease!
So ya here are some pics!

I need to have some get together so I can get the dirt packed down!

Cheers!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
You should have a "Daylight Savings Time Pump Track Extravaganza" on March 9th. Maybe everyone would head straight over from the Clemson race.

Braz

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
that track looks great. would love to check it out when i get back to hendersonville.

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
I have finished the track and already working on some Dirt Jumps now... Big ones!!
here are a few pics of me riding the track.. it is sick fast!!!

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
beautiful work. any tips on building a vert dirt section? I'm building a pump track in my back yard with a 6ft radius bowl in the back corner. the outer loop is complete but needs more love, then it's on to cross-overs and alt. lines.:)
it's a lot of fun as is but not nearly done. oh and that white thing is a quick-creted jump from the days of yore that will be moved to be a launch into the bowl.

Attachments

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Keep looking from every angle... build slowly and keep an open mind... oh and keep looking from every angle!

Had rain this last 2 days.. rained hardest I have ever seen in my life!! so now I have ruts and a stupid stream is running in my tight berm... stupid.. so now I have a little rock bed that I have placed in it.. water is seeping out of the ground... mud pit!! the half pipe cut in the hill is gone...

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Yesterday Chris called and so I started to fix up the track from the past rainfall.... somehow! I got it dry enough to ride and so we ended up with a good day of riding! we even did some tweeking to the corners and is now even faster... playing on the wall was the highlight of the day! check it out...

we tried to touch the roof......