Quantcast

Morewood size chart

Lassonde

Chimp
Sep 29, 2007
Hi, I just have a quick question for the morewood riders here. I have to order my Izimu in the next couple days and I really don't know which size to take. I'm 5'9. In 2008, I raced on a 2008 Iron Horse Sunday 17'' and it was perfect, but Morewood doesn't have the medium size so I don't know if I should take the Small or the Large ?
Thanks in advance

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
the small morewood has a 22.8" "ett" and the sunday has a 23.5" "ett" so I would say its going to feel really short. the large morewood has a 24" "tt" which would be slightly closer to fitting. and "ett" is in quotes because effective top tube isnt the best way to measure size.

I'm 5'5" and I rode the small and it fit great. everyone on my team was atleast 5'10" and they thought the large was good but the small was toooo small. One of them also transfered from a 17" sunday and he choose the large

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
The small is definitely on the small side. I was test riding them (ended up with the Shova LT instead) and a large would have fit me perfectly. And I'm right at 6' tall.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Thanks for the answer. What was your team ?
Crankfire Racing...

I think that the term 'Large' may be scaring you away, think regular and short and it doesn't seem so bad... That being said I am 5'10" and have ridden a Large Izimu for the last two seasons and I think its perfect. To me the short felt cramped and while sitting my knees were uncomfortably close to the bars. At 5'9" i don't think you would be happy with a small unless you really like small bikes, otherwise the large will good. If you are set on a Morewood I would highly recommend a Large.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Just to confuse you more I'm 5'11" and rode a small for 2 years currently riding a large sunn radical but only because the small is ridiculosly small and theres no medium. I find the top tube on the sunn a bit long even though its shorter than the large morewood.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yeah, there is more to it than just how tall you are.
Your riding style and the terrain you ride the most plays a part as well.
I prefer a bike I can really throw around, and almost everything I ride is tight singletrack. I am 5'10 and the small Izimu fits me perfect for my needs. I run it in the slack position which gives me a low bb, slack head angle, and a 45 inch even wheelbase. I went from a 47.3 inch demo 8 to this.
And so yeah.....I love this bike. It reminds of the one year that I raced a small Turner DHR and loved it. I just ride better on small bikes.
If I was any taller, I don't think I could get away with the small, or if all I rode was high speed wide open tracks, then I would probaly want a large as well, but the small works well for me.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Same kinda thing for the Ndiza ST I have. They make it in small and large. You wouldn't want a small, and frankly, I don't know who would want one unless you are really really small (even for girls). I have a large and at 6"1, it fits good, but it could not be shorter (espacially the TT).