Quantcast

Mormons sabotage local Trail

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
So I showed up at Vassault Pk. last weekend.

Ironically, I showed up AS THE FENCE WAS BEING PUT UP!

So my friend and I sneak in between some posts.

Do the DJ's

Start heading down the DH in a really steep chute. Blastin along. Yadada. Railing a corner FENCE!!!!!!.

Just like a friggun cheese grater, they had put this cyclone fence straight across the trail.

So I am talkin' to the alky guys they hired to put up the fence and he says "Don't blame me, the Mormon Church hired me to put up this fence!"

The DH trail is unchanged from last year though. Half done, covered in brush, not fast enough to justify the gaps put in.

Then we saw a guy in a banshee sweatshirt riding a scooter with a shovel hanging out of his bacpack.

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, that sucked, that fence could have been disaster if it hadn't been for our cat like reflexes, but riding in pt. defiance was fun!! :thumb:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Somehow, I don't think, "sabotage" would be the word the landowners would use...
It's definately not the one I'd use if you were building w/o permission on my property.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
ioscope said:
So I showed up at Vassault Pk. last weekend.

Ironically, I showed up AS THE FENCE WAS BEING PUT UP!

So my friend and I sneak in between some posts.

Do the DJ's

Start heading down the DH in a really steep chute. Blastin along. Yadada. Railing a corner FENCE!!!!!!.

Just like a friggun cheese grater, they had put this cyclone fence straight across the trail.

So I am talkin' to the alky guys they hired to put up the fence and he says "Don't blame me, the Mormon Church hired me to put up this fence!"

The DH trail is unchanged from last year though. Half done, covered in brush, not fast enough to justify the gaps put in.

Then we saw a guy in a banshee sweatshirt riding a scooter with a shovel hanging out of his bacpack.
So I had heard the Mormons had a plan to fence that area off prior to construction, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Are the wood gaps and the big ladder roll in still there up on the ridge at the bottom of the trail that leads into the gulch from the DJ's? I hope that wasn't to confusing? My buddies spent alot of time building those. That sucks that happened with the fences!

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
holliswood said:
So I had heard the Mormons had a plan to fence that area off prior to construction, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Are the wood gaps and the big ladder roll in still there up on the ridge at the bottom of the trail that leads into the gulch from the DJ's? I hope that wasn't to confusing? My buddies spent alot of time building those. That sucks that happened with the fences!
Yeah that stuff is still there. To me though it seems like the gaps are in bad places because it would be hard to get speed for them. Yeah it does suck, we were hoping that the trail would be finished because lst time we were there in the middle of the summer it was halfway done but it was the same as it was in the summer. The dirt jumps were pretty fun though!