Quantcast

Mornin’, fuckers!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
looks like dave chapelle is doing two shows for yang in SC.....atleast he did not endorse the three major tired old whores....

Last edited:
Interesting. The house and the new shed are fed from the same Green Mountain Power transformer. The Tesla backup gateway in the shed just reported a ten minute grid failure, with Powerwalls providing power to the shed; there was no concurrent interruption of grid power to the house.
Annotation 2020-01-16 075133.jpg

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dog was fidgeting most of the night and so I slept like hell. I am guessing her back issues flared up. Wife gave her some dog meds which seemed to help a little. On the work front, I've got several high priority items which need to be completed today, so the best approach to that is to post on ridemonkey .

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Cold and rainy here. So I shall plan out some delicious meals, do some chores, and solder some wires.

Made pizza last night, including the pizza sauce which was fabulous and incredibly easy. The pizza part could use a little work, but I also don't have a large oven, pizza oven, or pizza stone, so I'll say it was a success.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning!

Cold and rainy here. So I shall plan out some delicious meals, do some chores, and solder some wires.

Made pizza last night, including the pizza sauce which was fabulous and incredibly easy. The pizza part could use a little work, but I also don't have a large oven, pizza oven, or pizza stone, so I'll say it was a success.

a pizza stone is a worthwhile investment. i've used mine on the grill too.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Well, t-minus two hours.
talk to you on the other side.
Best of luck, fucker!

Morning!

Nice! I started the pizza experiment a week or two, too. What worked for me was peeled tomatoes with basil, garlic and olive oil made friends by a hand blender.

The weather indeed sucks. My mood is as gloomy, too.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Best of luck, fucker!

Nice! I started the pizza experiment a week or two, too. What worked for me was peeled tomatoes with basil, garlic and olive oil made friends by a hand blender.

The weather indeed sucks. My mood is as gloomy, too.
Sounds tasty. I made the lazy man's pizza sauce. 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce, 1 6 oz can of tomato paste, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, and pepper. It tastes a bit strong off the pizza but mellows out while cooking.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Once I discovered that Bertucci's sells dough (either balls you toss or already tossed) for $2/ea we stopped making our own dough. Everything else is made from scratch.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
a pizza stone is a worthwhile investment. i've used mine on the grill too.
If you have a local potter's supply or really good art supply store a kiln shelf is the same thing as a pizza stone, but cheaper and bigger (more thermal mass = more superior crust). That's my one and only baking tip, I gave up on baking anything that wasn't pizza after I realized what a giant PITA it is.

Buying dough-balls FTW!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy day then driving back from Aspen this afternoon.

Apparently my cholesterol is too high now because of my diet, so there are going to be even more changes to my diet. More 'liquid at room temperature' fats, less non-swimming meat fats (ie saturated). Avocado, olive, and MCT oils are going to 2x or 3x; meats likely to half; fish (ugh...) likely to be substantially added (ugh). Lots of fiber heavy vegetables swimming in avocado and olive oils to come... Sounds like I will likely be losing even more weight, again.

Sitting down and really getting to meet my new manager tomorrow morning then skiing Saturday. Sunday/Monday the sunroof in the M gets fixed, then I'm just waiting for the Dinan badge and it's getting listed. My FTS with the Infiniti repair is done; USAA can lick my hairy nuts. We're going to eat the deductible, get it fixed, and get it sold. Fingers crossed we walk away with about $32-35 between the two, which will leave us with only a few months left on the Pilot until we only have out house payment left. Looking forward to that position for sure!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just got back from the sports doctor about my shoulder. Torn labrum and infraspinatus inflammation (as seen on MRI). options are SIUP, or surgery. it only bothers me when I try and lift weights involving shrugs and jerks (kettle bell swings, shrugs, jerks, deadlifts, overhead presses). But (as I understand it) these are the movements I need to do for injury prevention from biking, and to slow the effects of aging. (i.e. I need to do those lifts if I'm going to continue mountain biking as I age.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, getting old sucks.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got back from the sports doctor about my shoulder. Torn labrum and infraspinatus inflammation (as seen on MRI). options are SIUP, or surgery. it only bothers me when I try and weights involving shrugs and jerks (kettle bell swings, shrugs, jerks, deadlifts, overhead presses). But (as I understand it) these are the movements I need to do for injury prevention from biking, and to slow the effects of aging. (i.e. I need to do those lifts if I'm going to continue mountain biking as I age.)

So surgery it is? Because those are mtb motions...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Taking the leaf in for battery check up (warranty coverage demands health check at 6 and 12 months) and tire rotation. Stopping at the hangar to wax and tune the skis. Household chores on tap after that. Weeeeeee.........
On the throne at work.

"They" always say, "its better than the alternative", but the older I get, the less I'm convinced.