Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Low ball offer this morning, but there might be room. I like the jorb, but not the idea of a pay cut. I have a better call at 10:30.

On the lighter side, the pimp ass bike I tried to get Lil Man last year popped back up for sale. So with any luck, I will score it for $125 or less. It's a few years old, but it's stacked and if it's not beat down, some fresh color should make it right. The Norco Diesel was like $450 new which to me is just crazy. But it's top notch.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm starting to *strongly* consider paying off my goddam mortgage. At that point, we will be debt-free and I like that position. Especially with the 2nd kid about to head off to university...
Run the math on the interest credit vs. the cost of your interest. Yours can't be very high at this point, given how old the mtge is, so it might not be effective. Just food for thought...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I royally fucked last months invoice, so now I am under the microscope, a place I don;t like to be.
Donut & coffee time.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Plain Engrish, please? Mortgage interest is no longer a deduction for us, give the much higher std deduction...

And I don't like math.

:D
Meaning you've already taken the near-full bend over hit on decades of interest, front loaded into your amortization, so you don't stand to save much scratch. you have a predictable cash flow out until the note is paid, so consider how the extra money you'd use to pay off early could be better used to MAKE mo skrilla'.

i thought you said it was cancer treatment? make up your mind
I provided a piece of cancer "treatment" as an opener on the more general topic of why contemporary medicine in the United States has gotten into the habits of retaining unsubstantiated diagnostic mythology, development and marketing of less than useful drugs, devices, and treatment methodologies, and, between insurance, manufacturers, and drug companies, making even reasonable and proper diagnosis and treatment inordinately expensive.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I provided a piece of cancer "treatment" as an opener on the more general topic of why contemporary medicine in the United States has gotten into the habits of retaining unsubstantiated diagnostic mythology, development and marketing of less than useful drugs, devices, and treatment methodologies, and, between insurance, manufacturers, and drug companies, making even reasonable and proper diagnosis and treatment inordinately expensive.
that's just capitalism at work. why do you act surprised?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Meaning you've already taken the near-full bend over hit on decades of interest, front loaded into your amortization, so you don't stand to save much scratch. you have a predictable cash flow out until the note is paid, so consider how the extra money you'd use to pay off early could be better used to MAKE mo skrilla'.
Well, shit. It appears as if it'd be about 2.2% annualized... I may as well not fucking bother. :mad: Although a *risk-free* 2.2% is actually not too bad in today's world. Hmmm. :think:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ok, call #2 went very well. Salary is mid range, but meets my requirements. They also use The CCAT test, I am guessing it's the same one I took twice for that other gig. I like tests and tend to do well with multiple guess questions. It sounds like this interview process is less technical in nature and I'm down with that.

<edit> unlimited PTO? :rofl:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm bionic!
I hope you enjoy your new penile prosthesis as much as the sales rep will enjoy her paid for vacation to Jackson.
Apparently my cholesterol is too high
my wife has high cholesterol and was referred to a dietician in lieu of statins.
Post up your/her numbers including triglycerides. Lp(a), LDL-P or ApoB counts preferred.

Isn't this cholesterol fear mongering the worst scam in history of medicine?
oh yes you're on to the scam :rolleyes: :tinfoil:
LDL is necessary but not sufficient. I haven’t seen good evidence that people otherwise metabolically healthy need lower LDL in the setting of primary prevention.

(on the other hand, Joe Sixpack is very much not metabolically healthy, so for him likely a good idea!)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here. Busy day then driving back from Aspen this afternoon.

Apparently my cholesterol is too high now because of my diet, so there are going to be even more changes to my diet. More 'liquid at room temperature' fats, less non-swimming meat fats (ie saturated). Avocado, olive, and MCT oils are going to 2x or 3x; meats likely to half; fish (ugh...) likely to be substantially added (ugh). Lots of fiber heavy vegetables swimming in avocado and olive oils to come... Sounds like I will likely be losing even more weight, again.
sounds like you are never going to have a solid shit again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
LDL is necessary but not sufficient. I haven’t seen good evidence that people otherwise metabolically healthy need lower LDL in the setting of primary prevention.

(on the other hand, Joe Sixpack is very much not metabolically healthy, so for him likely a good idea!)
that's one thing i picked up on in the article posted..... is that this is data for healthy individuals