Quantcast

Morning rides in Santa Cruz

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Come join me and a few other guys for some morning all mountain riding in Santa Cruz.

Where: In the Felton/Santa Cruz area - PM me for more details
When: 7am Mondays and Wednesdays and/or Thursdays

The rides are just around an hour long with some climbing and some good descending.

We will all be riding 4-6 inch travel bikes.

Hopefully some of you are interested.

:cheers:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Damn that must have been hardcore on the rigid bike! Why so early? We leave at 7am. Want to maybe wait up?

Nobody interested in joining?

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
I sometimes ride with other people who have to be at work earlier, so we meet at 6:30. If I'm not riding with them I would rather ride at 7. I am supposed to meet a 6:30 person tomorrow, but I will see if he is really coming.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
I am self-employed now and my new boss makes me go into work really early sometimes. On the plus side I can go ride later in the morning once I get the machines running. Then I am making money and riding at the same time.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Bah. :-( I'd have to meet you guys at like 6:00am to get back over the hill after one loop by 7:30, shower, change, and get to work.

*sigh*

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Hey! That's almost the same as my gig. I was out this morning at 6:30. I usually ride Tuesdays and Thursdays. I rode lower Airborne, but I was on my 0-inch travel bike.
ah is that Henry Cowell sand I spot... ;) riding HC on a HT or rigid could be fun. UC on a full rigid is doable - but not sure that would be "fun"

weekdays...weekends...doesn't matter. it's all about the super morning rides. :banana:

sunrise = ride time! well then again - night time is also a cool time to ride :thumb:

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
ah is that Henry Cowell sand I spot... ;) riding HC on a HT or rigid could be fun. UC on a full rigid is doable - but not sure that would be "fun"
HC is great rigid territory. It brings a whole new dimension to the trails. UC is fun, but only certain trails. Lower airborne is just short enough to be fun all the way down. I did MC once, and only once. My poor wrists.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
HC is great rigid territory. It brings a whole new dimension to the trails. UC is fun, but only certain trails. Lower airborne is just short enough to be fun all the way down. I did MC once, and only once. My poor wrists.
I love HC in the winter...that sand turns into sweet-tackyness :D but not so much in the summer...I like to drink beers while playing in the hot sand, not ride my bike in it ;)

I still haven't taken my HT out to UC but would like to one of these days...

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
Its hard for me to get there on weekdays but my buddy and i are interested on a weekend if your ever availible. We are not familiar with the santa cruz trails so it would be good to find someone who is.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
I didn't think I would make it out today, but I did. Did Hillbilly. Getting pretty loose.

I think I am moving my machine shop to the Harvey West area next month. I will be just minutes from imaginary trails. Start the machines. Go for a ride.