Quantcast

Moron driver.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
So I'm coming home from work, and as I'm driving down the road, I notice a car speeding up on me like a huge amped-up squirrel on major caffeine. Passes me with on-coming traffic, which means I have to hit the brakes so he can drop back into the proper lane. Then he passes ANOTHER car with the same results. Now he has to slow down with extra traffic, and a stop sign. I come up behind him, calling the sheriff's in the process. I give description/plates/direction, and follow him. He thinks he's going to out-run me, but a wrong turn of his leads him into a dead-end. He turns around, and I should block him in, but don't. Continue to follow him, while still giving directions to sheriff. Finally out-runs me in a residential area, but I feel good since I gave plates and such, and feel I'll get a call sometime to sign the citation.

No call, so on my ride the next morning, I figure I'll ride through the local high school, and sure enough, there's his car. Get back in touch with sheriff, and they send a deputy out to meet me. As much as I wanted to sign the citation, the deputy stated that since there were passengers, each could claim they were driving, and it would be dismissed in court. Oh well, he did say he would get the student pulled out of class and have a chat with him. How I'd like to have seen the student's face.......

Rant over. Let's go rally racing.......................

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
did he pass you on solid yellow lines?

following him and blocking him in could have caused you more headaches than you probably wanted. i know if you did that to me, it wouldnt have been good

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Yep, solid yellows, with on-coming traffic, too. Not a good thing. And as for the blocking, I agree, it had the potential of being far worse than just letting him through and to continue to follow......

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yesterday morning I was ate getting to work due to traffic, come to find out there was an overturned vehicle on te road. Situation is... Old man driver was crusing about 40 in the fifty... No big deal, tehre is alot of traffic on this stretch in the early AM, so a young 18ish year old thought he was going to slow, passed the old man on the double yellow and cut him off, the old man paniced and ended up in the dirt were he caught a big rain gutter and overturned in his car........

People that do this **** should be castrated with a dull spoon

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Yesterday morning I was ate getting to work due to traffic, come to find out there was an overturned vehicle on te road. Situation is... Old man driver was crusing about 40 in the fifty... No big deal, tehre is alot of traffic on this stretch in the early AM, so a young 18ish year old thought he was going to slow, passed the old man on the double yellow and cut him off, the old man paniced and ended up in the dirt were he caught a big rain gutter and overturned in his car........

People that do this **** should be castrated with a dull spoon
The old guy or the kid?
Do the fvcking limit. I don't care if you're old.
Or as Luda would say, MOOOOOVVEEEE BITCH!

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
the deputy stated that since there were passengers, each could claim they were driving, and it would be dismissed in court.
Really? Round here the registered owner of the vehicle gets a nasty letter specifying the date and time of the offence. They have an option to put in a stat dec specifying another driver otherwise they wear the fine.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
On a different note, I was riding to Water Dog Park on Ralston, an extremely busy but otherwise bike friendly road.

When traffic was backing up because of rush hour, a couple of kids in a new Range Rover pass me and mumble out "Get on the sidewalk!" Then then have to run a red light because they are about to stop 100 feet away from me.

As someone who has ridden in the slums of New York, New Orleans, and now San Francisco, where I am deathly afraid of old Caddys with spinners, that was about as laughable of a harassment as I have ever seen.

The only thing that would have been perfect if the cops pulled them over. I swear I would have lied and said they threw a beer bottle at me.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
pass with care is right. some peoples' children :think: i get the worst road rage when i drive and there are bad drivers. its definitely a good thing i don't own a car anymore

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
The old guy or the kid?
Do the fvcking limit. I don't care if you're old.
Or as Luda would say, MOOOOOVVEEEE BITCH!
The old guy that got ran off the road ended up flipping. I hope the kid gets his nutts cut off. Traffic in the area dictates you need to slow your ass down reguardless that its a fifty zone, when there is 75 people tring to go through a single stop sign ahead.... traffic slows down, dont pass like an asshole over the double yellow... be patient and live

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
pass with care is right. some peoples' children :think: i get the worst road rage when i drive and there are bad drivers. its definitely a good thing i don't own a car anymore
at some point you gotta stop blaming the parents and realize the kids are just dicks.
me and the girlfriend were on our way to a movie this afternoon when a cherokee full of teens pulls up next to us. we were in the right lane, about ten feet in front and to the left of us there was another car in the left lane. this cherokee decides to sneak through that little gap, nicking our front bumper in the pass, and speed off at 60 in a 40 zone. they made it all the way one car ahead by the time we made it to a stoplight. dumbasses.
their loss, our bumper is a solid steel custom bumper on the wrangler, and the bump did nothing but rip theirs up ha ha!

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Really? Round here the registered owner of the vehicle gets a nasty letter specifying the date and time of the offence. They have an option to put in a stat dec specifying another driver otherwise they wear the fine.
See, that's what I thought as well. You let a minor drive your car (or one with your name and his/hers on the registration), you get partially blamed, too. Minor entrustment I believe it's called. Either way, I know what the driver looked like, and should've been more forceful with the officer. Either way, like I mentioned earlier, I would've loved seeing the look on said-teen's face when he got pulled out of class.

I'm starting to "feel a need" to want to carry one of those schrader valve core removers with me on rides. Then, if I see the offending vehicle again, well, you get the idea. Trouble is, I have a little angel watching my actions, and I don't want to upset her while I'm still here, ya know???????