Quantcast

Morpheus DH bike - 32.3 lbs, carbon/kevlar, adjustable CS

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I still don't mind the bike if its MRSP was $1000 less i'd give it a go. i congratulate them for doing something different and interesting, but nothing they have done is revolutionary, there are multiple carbon bikes out now, many bikes are very adjustable, but when you claim to want to make a difference in the industry, and all you do is a bb pivot carbon dh bike and claim that its aero and thus awesome, is a outhouse full of stinky ****. Out of all the options for Dh bikes to do with a clean slate and no requirements, you choose to make a $3000 concentric pivot 8" bike :crazy::crazy::crazy:
for $1000, I'd buy one....I imagine they're fun as hell, honestly...but this is DH racing, not bro-slappin' high fives bro contest. You win by going fast. As much **** as I give the hype train, DW knows how to design a bike, and anti-squat or chain torque lockout or bro-pedal or whatever actually helps bikes go forward faster. Pro-squat does not. This bike has pro-squat.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Morpheus Cycles: ‎32.2 pounds without the pedals. Current frame weight is at about 7.8 pounds but for production we should be in the low five pound range. We went very conservative on the carbon layup for the prototyping
If they are serious then this will be the biggest fail the industry has seen since the time of Ellsworth Joker.

Though I smell bs when they want 3300$ for the frame but claim low 4000s for a complete.

Their facebook is full of gold

Morpheus Cycles It pedal fabulous. It pedals unlike any other single pivot bike because of it unique uni access pivot system. The rear end is extremely responsive yet the mainframe does not move at all when the bike is hitting objects.

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
When I asked them about it they responded they have space pivots with no friction and the bike will not bob if you use enough LSC so it's all good.

Still can't get my head around that low 5 pound range weight.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
A natural progression for them would be a dj fully with an URT design where the tubing is made from powerbalance bands to make it spin better.