Quantcast

Morzine Bike Park

madpharma

Chimp
Oct 16, 2018
Hello,
Im planing a bike trip this summer to Morzine, vallnord and a few other spots.
The thing is I have never been to morzine/ portes du soleil bikepark, and Im a little bit lost to where to go as I see on their website there are lots of different bikeparks in one.
We are going to be there just for 2 or 3 days so we would like to know what is the best one to ride and where to stay

Cheers!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Morzine and Chatel would be the best spots if you are there for a few days. You can ride from one to the other and vice versa. Chatel has a lot more jumps and Morzine has a lot more steep roots.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Morzine and Chatel would be the best spots if you are there for a few days. You can ride from one to the other and vice versa. Chatel has a lot more jumps and Morzine has a lot more steep roots.
Are official trails in Morzine full of steep roots? I know there was one on the supermorzine lift but most of the fun stuff was unoficcial no?

@madpharma I know time is limited but it's worth going for 2-3 weeks to morzine. The variety is amazing even if the main flow trails can get a bit brake bumpy.I need to go back to my old habit of visiting every year.

madpharma

Chimp
Oct 16, 2018
Screenshot_2023-05-02-20-31-21-438_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thank you all for the recommendations. Is this Morzine the one you mean? I found another thats called supermorzine? We would prefer step roots vs bikeparky stuff that we will find in vallnord too.
If we stay in morzine we could do both morzine and les gets without needing to use the van?

Norbar, I wish I had 2 - 3 weeks of continous vacation haha. I only have 9 days and we would be in morzine area 3 riding days

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
View attachment 193268
Thank you all for the recommendations. Is this Morzine the one you mean? I found another thats called supermorzine? We would prefer step roots vs bikeparky stuff that we will find in vallnord too.
If we stay in morzine we could do both morzine and les gets without needing to use the van?

Norbar, I wish I had 2 - 3 weeks of continous vacation haha. I only have 9 days and we would be in morzine area 3 riding days
You can ride Les Gets, Morzine and Super Morzine without a van. Chatel too. It’s all connected with lifts.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Are official trails in Morzine full of steep roots? I know there was one on the supermorzine lift but most of the fun stuff was unoficcial no?

@madpharma I know time is limited but it's worth going for 2-3 weeks to morzine. The variety is amazing even if the main flow trails can get a bit brake bumpy.I need to go back to my old habit of visiting every year.
There are so many trails there now. Most are unofficial.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
But yeah, to the OP, just stay in Morzine. It is located in the center of the Portes du Soleil and you can easily access all the different bike parks here any of the days. There are around 20-30 lifts operating in the summer to take you and your bike to 3 different countries, 12 different resorts and you can visit them all in a single (big) day...

Thats a shit ton of riding.

madpharma

Chimp
Oct 16, 2018
Thanks all for the help, Ill kep you posted, We will be there from from 20 to 24 august, riding 21 22 23, if anyone want some ride and beers.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
This sounds like something that I need to do at some point...

Any recommendations for places to stay? Not looking for one of the places that sleeps 20...probably just a few people. Not sure if one of the bike-specific accommodation companies would be worth it.

madpharma

Chimp
Oct 16, 2018
why are you wasting your precious time with travelling through europe then? stay in one spot and maximize riding time…
We will be there 3 days, rest a day, and another 3 days in vallnord, wich will be more than enough hahah by the end of the week I will be cooked

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The East Coast Rocks vs West coast something (I forgot) debate now got replaced by Swiss Ebiking vs Canadian Wooden Skinnies?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Planning a trip for next summer, will be there for 9 days. Anything nearby-ish worth hitting as well? One option we've tossed around is spending the first 5 days in Portes du Soleil and then heading down to Finale Ligure. We'd probably be renting bikes, so anywhere we go needs to have decent rental options.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Planning a trip for next summer, will be there for 9 days. Anything nearby-ish worth hitting as well? One option we've tossed around is spending the first 5 days in Portes du Soleil and then heading down to Finale Ligure. We'd probably be renting bikes, so anywhere we go needs to have decent rental options.
If you're on teh FB, hit up @Damo - he'll give you all the necessary info...

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I'm in the process of planning a 2-week trip to the alpes in August with my girlfriend. Considering a week of Porte-du-Soleil, and a week of Méribel.
I imagine the first week will be used for my girlfriend to regain her confidence in riding down some blue and red 'flow' trails, getting strong through the braking bumps. The week in Meribel will be more oriented towards natural trails and enjoying the scenery (and wine). A friend of mine just rode the Enduro2 race over there, so I'm getting a full briefing next week over some drinks.

Does anyone see a flaw in my logic, before I book the homes?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
That won't suck! We've done a similar trip in the past. Pretty nice to hit the ocean after a bunch of time in the mountains, and the riding is great in both places. Nice to way to get in some very different riding zones.

I haven't had a chance to ride there yet (time constraints :rolleyes: ) but Valle d'Aosta is basically in between PDS and Finale, and many have told me it's some of the best riding in the region.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
That won't suck! We've done a similar trip in the past. Pretty nice to hit the ocean after a bunch of time in the mountains, and the riding is great in both places. Nice to way to get in some very different riding zones.

I haven't had a chance to ride there yet (time constraints :rolleyes: ) but Valle d'Aosta is basically in between PDS and Finale, and many have told me it's some of the best riding in the region.
That’s a good call. The Place in Aosta is a good spot. Those guys are cool.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

I want to go to Valle d'Aosta primarily for the cheese. :homer:

madpharma

Chimp
Oct 16, 2018
Hello, im finally in morzine if anyone is here keen for some runs, will be here for 3 days and then we will go to pila another 3, then andorra.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
and anyone knows if there is risky in this area to leave the bikes inside the van with a lock?
For how long? In the day? Sure. At night? Fuck no. Friends had their garage broken in some 10 years ago, only the most expensive bikes got stolen so the thiefs were well informed. Unless Morzine got weirdly safer. I remember the PDS locals here had some other stories too.