Quantcast

Morzine Bike Park

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Recommendations on what village to stay in around Portes Du Soleil? Looking for a balance of -

- Easy access to lots of trails; preference for natural tech rather than jump trails
- Nightlife (for a group of late 40s guys anyways)

Also interested in any recommendations for long ebike rides exploring mountain villages (with lots of food/beer stops along the way)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Recommendations on what village to stay in around Portes Du Soleil? Looking for a balance of -

- Easy access to lots of trails; preference for natural tech rather than jump trails

Also interested in any recommendations for long ebike rides exploring mountain villages (with lots of food/beer stops along the way)
Ping @Damo over on the FB - he'll surely have some advice.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

Morzine.

Get a big chalet with these guys. Ask for Ben Richards. He’ll take good care of you guys.

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I had the pleasure of spending a week in Morzine to discover the Portes du Soleil.
I noticed that the biggest bottleneck for traversing from one area to another was that Zore lift that you have to take to get towards Avoriaz.
Chatel was definitely a highlight, but sadly didnt get to check Champery.
Les Gets was a bit too much berms-and-tables for my taste.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I had the pleasure of spending a week in Morzine to discover the Portes du Soleil.
I noticed that the biggest bottleneck for traversing from one area to another was that Zore lift that you have to take to get towards Avoriaz.
Chatel was definitely a highlight, but sadly didnt get to check Champery.
Les Gets was a bit too much berms-and-tables for my taste.
The hill that hosts the world cup has some fun trails but I'm not sure if they are still active as I was there 8 or 9 years ago

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
The hill that hosts the world cup has some fun trails but I'm not sure if they are still active as I was there 8 or 9 years ago
I remember eating a Nutella Crêpe in les Gets, staring at the hillside on the other side of the valley thinking "hmmm, there are also some trails over there"... but discovering that area simply didnt fit into my schedule that day ..... a good reason to return some day.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
If I ever end up going back, and had a lot more time on my hands, I'd like to have another look around the back of Mont Chéry, some of the terrain coming down from the top towards La'Villiaz looked pretty interesting for pirate steep's with rocks and roots when I was having a nosy at it while riding around the "round the mountain trail" to stretch my legs a bit.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I remember eating a Nutella Crêpe in les Gets, staring at the hillside on the other side of the valley thinking "hmmm, there are also some trails over there"... but discovering that area simply didnt fit into my schedule that day ..... a good reason to return some day.
Some locals told us about it and that's why we went

I just liked
If I ever end up going back, and had a lot more time on my hands, I'd like to have another look around the back of Mont Chéry, some of the terrain coming down from the top towards La'Villiaz looked pretty interesting for pirate steep's with rocks and roots when I was having a nosy at it while riding around the "round the mountain trail" to stretch my legs a bit.
I don't remember any rocks but the soil and roots are really nice there. Really good to ride if nothing changed. I do need to come back there either once my mates stop pretending their are old and have old man hobbies or use the fact my GF doesn't mind going to bikeparks to just hike and knit.