Quantcast

Moscow Arms Race!

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Still have the itch to race and ride after the Fluidride cup finals, come join the Moscow Arms Race October 25th and 26th!

Facts about the Moscow Arms Race

- 4 Minute DH course
- two days of downhill and slopestyle riding with SHUTTLES for $20
- only 4 hours from Seattle in Moscow Idaho
- cash payouts to the winning riders.
- 2 run format ( seeding run then race run )

Here is the official race flyer

Sentinel Slope Style Trail

Somalia DH course

Got Questions? Email - MoscowArmsRace@gmail.com or post up here

Last edited:

MattPatt

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
A, A
Its awesome you guys are putting this on. I'll do my best to rally the troops and get a crew there!

Let me know if you need help with anything else... I've got some plates left over from BENT.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
We have some big plans and some fancy sponsors lined up, those will be announced soon, we have a great timing set up as well so accuracy should not be an issue. the trails are ready and this is our way of showing them off.

Matt your expertize is always needed I will let ya know and thanks for the help!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Mike, sounds sweet. I will come down from spokane for sure that weekend, I have been wanting to check your trails for a while now, perfect chance. Should be sweet.
-Nick

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Should be a great time! The trail is REALLY fun and the slopestyle trail is crazy. You guys won't want to miss this! feel free to come on down and pre-ride the course. give me call at 701-426-6912 and We'll show you how to get there and do some runs!

Kyle,

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Looks like an awesome event,
but ummmm, No.
It comes out to about 4.5 ya caught me. although Kyle and I just drove out to my House in maple valley and back on tuesday night and the round trip was 7 hours 53 minutes with an average rolling speed of 67.7 mph and that was 523 miles. ( ya I know I am a GPS nerd but what are ya gona do) the trip usually averages about 4.5 hours depending on traffic. and mileage wise its basicly the same as going to Spokane.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I think I have a place to stay no problem (right Ben?); and I've been needing a good excuse to get down and ride there anyway. As long as my better half does not have plans unbeknownst to me, I'll be there.

Question though: You and Kyle have an idea of what I am (and am not) capable of. Can a chicken old fart like me survive the slopestyle course?

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
doug you will do great on the DH course, its flowy and natural with a few jumps lots of steeps and lots of off camber. the slopestyle trail is just there for fun were not racing it. but many of the stunts can be done as one hitters and then you can link them all up

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Ya Im excited for sure we have been working on these trails for a long time and it nice to see the finish line, and show off our hard work.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
How long of a drive from spokanistan???? where is the best place to stay????
thanx!
Its 85 miles from Spokane, takes about an hour and a half, lots of cheap motels around. I think there are some campgrounds around too, its a college town so lots of options, us locals may have a few couches open too, not sure though

best bet for camping is here in Pullman:

Pullman City RV Park
775 South Street
Pullman, WA
509-338-3227
Next to the City Playfields, this park has 24 full hook-ups, including cable TV for $20/night and 10 tent spaces for $6/night. Open April 1 through November 30. Reservations accepted.

Last edited:

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
ill be there on the condition that kyle is not allowed to do another x up on the sentinal

pumped to get back out there, its going to be a sweet weekend, ive ridden these trails (not finished versions) and they are primo. ill be going from bellingham through seattle area, may have seats in the car if anyone needs a ride

just kidding kyle

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
ill be there on the condition that kyle is not allowed to do another x up on the sentinal

pumped to get back out there, its going to be a sweet weekend, ive ridden these trails (not finished versions) and they are primo. ill be going from bellingham through seattle area, may have seats in the car if anyone needs a ride

just kidding kyle
haha, I have wide bars now, no more X-ups! Charlie, you'll be blown away at the new stuff. It is so sick!

More random info:

We've been digging OUR ASSES OFF. To put the jump trail in perspective, imagine the amount of earth moved for dirt merchant, now imagine that by hand. I've been on the mountain about 2 day a week (when no snow is present) for the last 4 YEARS! I honestly have thousands of hours of blood and sweat into these trails, and that is just me, I know I've had help from a ton of other people (big thanks to mike for being #2 in hours spent up there!) I HIGHLY doubt anyone will be disappointed by the riding here (free beer is riding on this bet ;)

The downhill course is twice as long as the last time you (charlie) saw it. you'll be stoked on the new sections. lots of fast flowy trail, little to no pedaling, and a great finish area for spectators!

According to my information so far, we are expecting around 50 racers! that means, good payout, good turn out, a pretty large party Saturday night, and lots of fun!

Last plea:

Come on over here and you'll get 2 days of shuttling, race entry and BBQ for 20 bucks, you don't have to find a hotel, I'll find you a place to stay. This is a new place almost no one has ever ridden, Gas is the cheapest it has been in over a year, it isn't very far away from anyone in the PNW, and I guarantee a great party Saturday night! Life's an adventure, come check this one out!

Hopefully We'll see everyone out here!

Kyle,

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Here are detailed directions from Rousaurs in Moscow to get to the mountain. Please don't park in the shuttle turn around. parking will be along side Warnick Road all the way up to the finish line.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=411+N.+Main+St&daddr=46.737272,-116.998215+to:46.8008620082,-116.897778748&hl=en&geocode=%3B%3BFd4fygIdDUgI-Q&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=14&via=1&sll=46.746213,-116.97135&sspn=0.032406,0.077248&ie=UTF8&ll=46.740508,-116.975555&spn=0.03241,0.077248&z=14

the address for Rousaurs is 411 N. Main St Moscow Id, if you need help getting there.

And Charlie don't listen to Kyle he still X-ups whenever he gets a chance.

Downhillbell

Chimp
May 7, 2008
hey everyone,
I wont be able to make the race due to cross country running regionals on saturday, but how much longer can you ride the trails down there? I would love to come and ride it before the snow comes and makes it so i cant ride... And lastly, if I drove down one day, would you guys be willing to ride one day and show a 16 year old around the trails up there? (I dont think I would really hold you up to much... my haro is going faster and bigger then ever :)) Or atleast point me in the right direction as to where the amazing stuff you guys have built is?

thanks in advance!!!
nick

Last edited:

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
You can ride the trails until November 16th this year with the gate open. More if you want to hike a bike.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Race was a blast! Even though I crashed I still had a great time. Timing went great. Thanks everybody that came out. Especially Kyle, Mike, the wheel sport east crew, and everyone else who helped out. Lets do it again!

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
The race went great! We had around 40 racers join the race this weekend and everything went off without a hitch. Thanks to everyone that showed up and helped out and rode, I hope everyone had as much fun as we all did.

We had a tight battle for first and second but Steve McCullough took first Place and $100 home, Kyle Thomas came in second place only seconds away and took home $75. Our third place rider of the day was Corey Bellinger taking home $50 for his efforts.

The groms were pinning it and for juniors first place went to Eric Gorman, second Dillon Chamberlian and third place was John Miller.

Our surviving womens rider was Jaime Rees who not only negotiated a difficult course but beat almost half of the mens field and took home a new Maxxis Minion 2.5 3C DHF tire.

Thanks to all of our volunteers and riders everybody stepped up (for the riders quite literally) and helped us put on an awesome event! and thanks to Paradise Creek Bicycles for donating the prizes that went out to our Womens riders and Juniors class.

Pics, videos and full results with times to come and keep an eye on the Spokane KXLY news for the story on the race airing next weekend

Last edited:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
To everyone who thought about coming but decided to do something else: DO NOT miss this the next time this shows up on the calendar! It was a real fun time, the course was very fun and challenging and the organization, timing, etc. was pretty darn smooth - - especially considering this was a first-time deal on a brand new venue. HUGE props to Mike, Kyle and everyone involved for pulling it off.

Shucks, it would have been worth the $20 for two days of shuttling on Moscow Mtn., plus the barbecue and socializing, regardless. The fact that we got to enjoy one last race for the season and a chance at some prizes (well, at least for you young fast guys ;) ) was just icing on the cake. Good job all!

Last edited:

Downhillbell

Chimp
May 7, 2008
Thanks, Mike! I hope the dad who was snapping pics on the rock roll and down below posts his up soon too(I'm embarrassed that I forgot his name already :o:).
Are you talking about Shawn's dad? I talk to Shawn a few times a week and cant remember his dads name for the life of me... :poster_oops:

but Shawn unloaded a few to myspace and I saw one of you Minorthreat..
here it is :)

Dang I wish I could have been there... it sounded like a awesome venue and the Haro really wanted to get ridden...
Maybe I can get down there and get some people to show me all these sick trails around Moscow Mtn before the snow flies. :)

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Are you talking about Shawn's dad? I talk to Shawn a few times a week and cant remember his dads name for the life of me... :poster_oops:

but Shawn unloaded a few to myspace and I saw one of you Minorthreat..
here it is :)

That's the shot. He also had a cool one of me off the last little jump before the finish. Any links that I can access? I can't seem to get to his photobucket page.

Downhillbell

Chimp
May 7, 2008
That's the shot. He also had a cool one of me off the last little jump before the finish. Any links that I can access? I can't seem to get to his photobucket page.

Sorry I stole those off his Myspace and threw them on my photobucket.
but of my quick search here are the two that I found of you...
I didnt look crazy hard but thats the two I found.