Quantcast

Mosquitos...

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
So after sitting here at my desk for the last 6 hours scratching away, I decided I really, really, hate this creature...ranks right up there with the tick.

Anyone else get eating alive at SST yesterday? I got bites in places I didn't know I could get bitten. :help:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Haha :)

I usually get bitten on the back of the knee and the top of my foot.....:angry: Freak'n Skeeters!

I hate those little vampires....but we have some lazy ones in WA state. I have seen them hungry here but I have also seen retarded Misquitos that will fly around for hours and never try for the red gold they live for. they can even land on your arm and look at it strange for minutes then fly away....truely stupid little creatures.

Visiting family in MN growing up they had some mean little suckers...you can actually feel them land on you they are coming at you so fast and before you can look they are biting in. They are truely evil.

nohbody

Chimp
Mar 5, 2005
Seattle
You haven't lived until you try to camp in the upper pennsula michigan in the summer. the little bastards will swarm you, pick you up and drop you when they are done.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
We left because of them. When I get bit, they swell up to the size of a quarter! They suck! :mad:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
nohbody said:
You haven't lived until you try to camp in the upper pennsula michigan in the summer. the little bastards will swarm you, pick you up and drop you when they are done.
LOL

In MN after stepping out of my GParents farm house....they lifted out of the grass in one collective unit and love like a big cloud. Freaky stuff....and we always parked cars near the house.....for the quick sprint and subsequent smack down on the quick ones that were able to beat the slamming door. :D

I wa chewed at a MTB race on White pass a decade or so ago....freaking couldn't breath....they were flying up my nose. *gross* I was a swollen unhappy camper that time....

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Those creatures are pesty enough, and now with the scare of west nile virus, I will be putting on the deet repellent no matter how bad it smells. Fortunately I usually ride way before dusk so I don't run into lots of them. Yesterday at SST, I didn't run into any around the noonish hour. Even rode without a shirt for a few runs :dancing:

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Luckily I have an impregnable(?) layer of leg hair that prevents them from getting close. Gotta love those Italian genes. Mama mia!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I came to the conclusion this week, however, that I hate black flies worse than mosquitos....fuggin little buggers got right up against the edge of my wool cap last weekend on my temple :( The only parts of me that showed were the face, hands and feet, and boy did they get me! grrrr

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
They've been thriving rather well down at SST for at least a month. It's all good until you stop. Once you are stationary for more than five seconds, they're all up ons. That would partially explain why I haven't taken as many pics as I normally would down there.

On the bright side, I spend more time riding.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
The ones that swarm and dont bite are males. The ones that buzz and bite are females. Anyone get to see those absolutley rad ladies from the Cannondale team rippin it at SST, thats how I hope heaven looks.