Quantcast

Most annoying places to ride

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
While places like Tam, Redwood, and China Camp get plenty of bad marks for the idiots that roll around there, I vote for Skeggs on a Sunday afternoon.

I really like Skeggs, and it is the place I go to when I go for a late afternoon ride. But I see too many San Francisco freaks and dumasses riding there.

Yesterday, I had two guys on 10 year old hardtails almost hit me bombing down a fireroad, barely controling their bikes.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
For around here in the Auburn/Folsom area the most annoying place to ride is Salmon Falls on a Saturday or Sunday. People out on their hybrid bikes with no helmets, bmx guys riding the trail (nothing against them at all), the nazi hikers who won't move off the trail while they look at birds(usually in the super tight singletrack areas).

Another place I don't like riding on the weekends is Auburn. Climbing out of the canyon up Clementine on my 33lb RFX using the 32t ring (running a DRS) is not that enjoyable but its funny to see the lyrca XC guys climbing on their 21lb hardtail in the granny gear, passing you and giving you "the look." You know the "Lance Armstrong look." It's pathetic.

Ok, b!tch session over. :bomb:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
For around here in the Auburn/Folsom area the most annoying place to ride is Salmon Falls on a Saturday or Sunday. People out on their hybrid bikes with no helmets, bmx guys riding the trail (nothing against them at all), the nazi hikers who won't move off the trail while they look at birds(usually in the super tight singletrack areas).

Another place I don't like riding on the weekends is Auburn. Climbing out of the canyon up Clementine on my 33lb RFX using the 32t ring (running a DRS) is not that enjoyable but its funny to see the lyrca XC guys climbing on their 21lb hardtail in the granny gear, passing you and giving you "the look." You know the "Lance Armstrong look." It's pathetic.

Ok, b!tch session over. :bomb:

Obviously you havent tried to ride the bike path in Folsom on a Sunday ... too many road bikes going ballz out and loosing control through corners ... I had a girl on her road bike hit me , destroy my vintage Bontrager race light then blame it on me when she was the one who overshot the corner and hit my bike !

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
When I lived near the American River Bike path, I road it on my roadie but soon realized that it was packed with families as well as a-hole wannabe racer roadies. I just mapped out other rides.

Now, I just leave my house (Roseville) and have way more options than the bike path.

That is so typical a-hole roadie.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
When I lived near the American River Bike path, I road it on my roadie but soon realized that it was packed with families as well as a-hole wannabe racer roadies. I just mapped out other rides.

Now, I just leave my house (Roseville) and have way more options than the bike path.

That is so typical a-hole roadie.
I commute along that path to get to school when I bike. I used to go in the mornings, but in the afternoons it was always super crazy lame.

There was a time when I got pushed off of the road by a car and popped a tire. I walked a bit and got onto that trail since I was patchless and could call a friend to pick me up at one of the parking lots alongside. For the two or three miles that I walked along that trail, no one asked if I needed help.

I'm not sure if there is much of a difference between road riders and mountain bikers, but I'd consider myself a complete douchebag if I didn't at least ask if I could help someone on the side of a MTB trail.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
That's f'd up. I always ask if I see someone on the side of the road/trail. Just awhile ago when we had those 100+ degree days, I went out on a road ride w/out any tubes. Got a flat about 8 miles out, ran out of water and was wondering if I was gonna make it home. I started walking and a guy pulls over and gives me a ride home which was completely out of his way. Pretty cool if ya ask me.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
While places like Tam, Redwood, and China Camp get plenty of bad marks for the idiots that roll around there, I vote for Skeggs on a Sunday afternoon.

I really like Skeggs, and it is the place I go to when I go for a late afternoon ride. But I see too many San Francisco freaks and dumasses riding there.

Yesterday, I had two guys on 10 year old hardtails almost hit me bombing down a fireroad, barely controling their bikes.
that's why you ride there before 9 a.m., that way you don't have to deal with all of the idiots. I hit skeggs early in the mornings on the weekends and never see anybody. But the best time to ride Skeggs is during the week after work, I have the trails mostly to myself.

The one thing that does annoy me is people riding up Resolution. Why on earth would you go UP one of the best singletrack descents at Skeggs?