Quantcast

Most Delicious Beers in America.

Agree with the list?

• Total voters

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Does 90% of American craft beer taste like fruit with a hint of beer? I have given up on Australian craft beers, figured if they all taste like fruit I may as well drink cider, so I do.

I have tried none in the list but the last American craft beer I had was a Devil's Backbone Black and it was good, taste like black beer, with an aftertaste of black beer.
http://dbbrewingcompany.com/beers/black-lager/

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Does 90% of American craft beer taste like fruit with a hint of beer? I have given up on Australian craft beers, figured if they all taste like fruit I may as well drink cider, so I do.

I have tried none in the list but the last American craft beer I had was a Devil's Backbone Black and it was good, taste like black beer, with an aftertaste of black beer.
No, but I’m not a big fan of the IPA dick-swinging contest to see who can make the most gasoline-tasting beer. I like a good one every once and awhile, like Pliney, but much of the IPA stuff is just unbalanced and one-dimensional. There are lots of good beers in the US. These days there really aren’t many borders (cross my fingers). We can get stuff locally from Europe these days that used to just be legend 20-30 years ago.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No, but I’m not a big fan of the IPA dick-swinging contest to see who can make the most gasoline-tasting beer. I like a good one every once and awhile, like Pliney, but much of the IPA stuff is just unbalanced and one-dimensional. There are lots of good beers in the US. These days there really aren’t many borders (cross my fingers). We can get stuff locally from Europe these days that used to just be legend 20-30 years ago.
The "east coast style" IPA is not bitter at all - it is mostly a cloudy juice with high alcohol content. Tasty, yes. Beer? Not so sure. Bad hangover? You bet.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

Try the Ferral Hop hog, it's pretty damn good!
La Sireen make some pretty special Saison's too.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
When i was at Virginia Beach, the restaurant next to the hotel had a Vienna lager that was really good by Devils Backbone brewing and in Flagstaff found Diamond Down lager by lumberyard that was good. And someone gave me a Vanilla Caramel porter that was pretty amazing actually.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
When i was at Virginia Beach, the restaurant next to the hotel had a Vienna lager that was really good by Devils Backbone brewing and in Flagstaff found Diamond Down lager by lumberyard that was good. And someone gave me a Vanilla Caramel porter that was pretty amazing actually.
DBB Vienna was one of my favorite beers for a long time; it's really well done. I was bummed when AB bought them