Quantcast

Most exotic/interesting place you've ever been?

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Watched Baraka last night. Makes me want to travel so badly. There are so many cool and interesting places I will probably never see:mad:
Be sure to post pics if you have some.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
She was smiling, saying 'vamos, chicos!' The trails are considered 'public' property, even if they go right through someones yard. Cool scene. This one is riding down from 16,500 feet outside of Huaraz.

Peruvian Chairlift:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have not really traveled outside the US, but the Road to Hana on Maui was pretty cool. As twisty a road as you can imagine, and the backside was miles and miles of driving on a beat up road that is wedged in between hilly fields and the Pacific Ocean. Very, very cool. All my pics are at home, but Google "Road to Hana" to get an idea.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I really enjoyed Valbonne, France. Hell, I have enjoyed every foreign place I've been. All of them have been for riding!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Antarctica...the closest you can come to visiting another planet without leaving Earth.

Orca spy hopping in the channel cut by the US Coast Guard ice breaker Polar Star leading to McMurdo Station.

Adelie penguins on the ice in McMurdo Sound.

Chilling out next to our Quonset hut on the Ross Ice Shelf after dinner. Mt. Erebus in the background.

My daily commute from McMurdo Station out to Willy Field where I was working. C-130s from the NY Air National Guard 109th Air Wing can be seen in the background.

More photos from this trip here.

Unfortunately my best pictures from this trip were taken on slide film and not scanned in yet.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Kenosha, Wisconsin. Home of the world famous Brat Stop!
Running a close second, Garmisch/Partenkirchen, Bavaria, Germany.
Canary Islands are awesome too.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
new zealand is easily my most interesting from a geographical perspective...where else can one move from fjords to high alpine mountains and glaciers to sub-temperate rain forests so quickly?

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Spent about a month in Panama, Lake Gatun (sp?) had some awesome fishing....peacock bass fight like hell and so did the Oscars. Sorry no picks. There was also an island that we went to in the canal that had some crazy stuff, bamboo vipers and Tucans.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Most exotic had to be Costa Rica. We did a white water trip down some river that was absolutely spectacular! The sky was amaizing b/c we were so far away from any civilization.

No pictures of it at work... but about 1000 at home!

titch

Chimp
Apr 11, 2006
wisbech, cambridgeshire
i always found france to be quite nice in the country. i've never riden there though, i reckon it could be a cool trip to do in the summer. Prague, i have always wanted to go to there, i think that'll be quite smart riding around the towns. can't think of anywhere else.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I spent a month in and around Germany. Many cool places, good beer, and friendly women.

8 days in Singapore was nice, but I was smashed about 5 of them.

Coogee Bay, Australia is VERY nice. Great surf, amazing women.

My wife and I plan to go to Costa Rica to visit my mother-in-law (of sorts) at some point soon as well.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Every state in the US except Alaska.
Canada
Mexico
Iceland (just the airport though...layover :rolleyes: )
England
Wales
Scotland
Ireland
France
Spain
Norway
Sweden
Denmark
Belgium
Netherlands
Switzerland
Germany
Austria
Italy
Czech Republic
Hungary
Poland
Japan

Still want to travel, I haven't seen enough.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My wife and I spent 4 months in Europe in '99 - lots of interesting places we visited....... here's a few:

Isle of Skye in Scotland
Chamonix, France
St. Emilion, France
Pugliola, Italy
Bodo, Norway
Flam, Norway
Hallstatt, Austria

Damn.......... now you've got me started. :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i went on (college orchestra) tour to brazil. we hobnobbed with the brazilian elite and played soccer on the copacabana in rio de janeiro, something that most people won't ever be able to do :D . we also were treated to a demonstration show of the sao paolo police's drug sniffing dogs, seeing them run over ladders and jump through flaming hoops and such. the lame pics from this trip are unfortunately on my defunct server.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I'd have to say Sri Lanka was probably the most exotic/interesting place I've visited.

Stockholm Sweden, Benidorm Spain and Taormina Sicily are high on my list of places to revisit.

I've also traveled most of this country and there are quite a few gems right here at home.

Mike

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
narlus said:
new zealand is easily my most interesting from a geographical perspective...where else can one move from fjords to high alpine mountains and glaciers to sub-temperate rain forests so quickly?
And you could walk the trail to Mordor, too.:rofl:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
a year or two ago i stayed on st. john in the virgin islands. we stayed just outside of a national park so the view was just amazing because it was completely unspoiled. i found the link to the place where we stayed and snagged this pic of the view. its a very cool house

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Most interesting place I've ridden would have to be The Himalaya's, I have done two trips totaling maybe 3 months of riding. :)
First trip from Leh across the Karakorum's to Manaili and the Kulu valley and then out onto the north Indian plains.
Second trip was down at the other end from by the base of Katchenjunga down the sikkum ridge and thru darjeeling and onto the indian plains.
:love: :cool:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Costa Rica was my favorite place I have been there several times and look forward to going back.. Once it was for a whole summer!!!