Quantcast

Most overpriced city.....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Is that really a suprise? :(

My buddy just put an offer in on a 16yo house near Paine Field and it was listed at $380,000 in a neighborhood of $750,000 houses. Oh and the jet noise is "awsome" :rolleyes:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Five said:
I don't know about Seattle being #1 - I used to live in the NYC (#2) and that seemed way more overpriced than here.
I know housing in the city is very high there, but are wages more suited for the housing market there?

It seems in Seattle if you didn't buy a house 5 years ago you are SOL. I bought a house 7 years ago, and I'm shocked at the current vaule of it now!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Snacks said:
I know housing in the city is very high there, but are wages more suited for the housing market there?

It seems in Seattle if you didn't buy a house 5 years ago you are SOL. I bought a house 7 years ago, and I'm shocked at the current vaule of it now!
Yes and no - You do make more money in NYC, but after you pay federal taxes, state tax and a city tax, there's not much left. There's no way I would've been able to buy a place there.

True - a friend of mine bought the last house under $200k in West Seattle about 5 years ago - he sold it a couple of years later and made a killing.

Friends of mine from San Fran were planning on moving here and had a pretty good house budget ($700K) They got outbid on everything they went after - so they moved to Portland.

I'm glad I have my 1 bedroom condo.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
ITS ALL SOME COMPLICETED MATH FORMULA. WHEN I DID IT THE RESULT WAS MOVE SOUTH AND COMMUTE. Whats a 5 acre plot of land with a home, shop, and storage hanger go for in seattle?? Oh yea, thats right, there are no 5 acre plots in seattle anymore......

PS, mine was under 200k......

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
You got 5 acres?!?! Dang D...so basically you can just walk out your back door and pee anywhere you want and the neighbors wouldn't be able to see ya...? :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Five said:
You got 5 acres?!?! Dang D...so basically you can just walk out your back door and pee anywhere you want and the neighbors wouldn't be able to see ya...? :thumb:
D's place is super sweet! His shop is huge!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Five said:

For the most part yes... I gotta point it away from the road incase anyone is driving by... but yea, thats one of the benefits of land... :)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Just for the record, I live in the city. My shop is bigger than Oly's, and I pee in my backyard all of the time. My house was close to 200k too.

And D, I think you F'ed up this thread by posting such a massively wide pano shoot.

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
Five said:
I live in Marysville...... I pee in the neighbor's yard.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
My mom's house is 5 acres bigger, cheaper, and the commute ot K2 is...

10 minutes! Singletrack, gravel, pavement, singletrack, gravel, singletrack, k2 parking lot!

That's OK though, Vashon sucks because nature nazi's come and tear down all the jumps!