Quantcast

Mother Effing Dirtbag Thieves (truck recovered!!!!!!)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Damn man, sorry to hear. In a city? There's got to be surveillance cameras.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think there was a piece on the news the other day that Ford F trucks are one of the easiest to steal, I missed the details on the piece though.

Hands of the perpetrators should be cut off.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
YAHHOOOOOO San Ramon PD put out a stolen Vehicle bulletin with this photo. CHP just Found it still running and it is now at american tow in Walnut Creek. the only damage is a punched ignition YEAH Baby... Thank You boys in blue
Truly awesome!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
no one at work noticed them driving off with it?
It was parked out where we store the work vehicles not near the windows by dispatch. Thats going to change from now on it will be right in front of that window. , I'm going to install a hidden remote ignition interupt switch but until then i will pull the ignition relay from the under hood fuse box when I park it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It was parked out where we store the work vehicles not near the windows by dispatch. Thats going to change from now on it will be right in front of that window. , I'm going to install a hidden remote ignition interupt switch but until then i will pull the ignition relay from the under hood fuse box when I park it.
Best anti-theft device money can buy:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
That's great you got it back. The rumor I've heard is they take those trucks to large ranches to be work trucks for the employees. Might be true.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
great except they don't make any large pickups with stick shifts anymore 250/2500 or 350/3500 only automatics
I'm glad you got your truck back.

IIRC it's still possible to get a Ram with the Cummins and 6 speed.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Damn, that's crazy. Both getting it ripped and found that quickly. One of the guys at work drives a shitty little Acura back and forth from the train station. It got jacked one day and they recovered it out in the 909 with a broken lock and missing a few gallons of gas. Basically, it looked like some dude missed his train and decided to just steal a car instead.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I had that exact same truck/topper with a manual. Same color even. I left the key on a string around the steering column for years, as there were only three roads out of Driggs, and the truck wouldn't have gotten very far if stolen.
Those were good times.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So I saw my recovered truck today. They pulled off my tow mirror extensions, removed the license plates (left them inside the truck) the only new damage to the truck itself was the ignition and drivers door locks were punched. In retrospect I got lucky, they were not just out for a joy ride. Something spooked them and they ditched it before the could make it disappear.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Those are actually really easy to bypass and have been. All you do is cross all the wires and you are off. If you want something nicer, and no I don't remember what it's called, there is a system you have to basically wave a keyboard past to allow you to start the car. I will do the googleand try to find

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Those are actually really easy to bypass and have been. All you do is cross all the wires and you are off. If you want something nicer, and no I don't remember what it's called, there is a system you have to basically wave a keyboard past to allow you to start the car. I will do the googleand try to find
It's really easy to wire an RFID switch into a motorcycle ignition...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Or a quarter stick... :)
TNT is easy to get. Its the Blasting caps that are hard to find..... Buy some programmable RFID swithches and some blasting caps and then wait for homeland security to stop by.... Google Isis on your computer a few times beforehand so we can all have some fun...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
TNT is easy to get. Its the Blasting caps that are hard to find..... Buy some programmable RFID swithches and some blasting caps and then wait for homeland security to stop by.... Google Isis on your computer a few times beforehand so we can all have some fun...
Electrolytic capacitors.

Think of all the word hits we've made...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What about the kind you have to blow into before you start the car?