Quantcast

Motion instruments system 2

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Thoughts on it...

I bought it already and will start shipping end of month, but for my use it'll be spot on I just wanted input and thoughts on it from others perspective...

I already ordered it and supposed to be less finicky and more weather proof then typical style...instead of radio frequency it's using blue tooth and a phone for real time analysis...so I have a phone that will be in an OtterBox and strictly for tuning purposes...

Looked at BYB and another but based on alot of just tuning use for the masses this did about everything and I can always retune a stack to accommodate voids if needed...a little less blind and more information for teams and racers..

frontsquare2.jpg
rearsquare2.jpg
rearsquare3.jpg
Screenshot_20240611_123515_Samsung Internet.jpg

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Super interested in this, even though I don't remotely have a "need". Offhand, I don't get why it's not compatible with coil forks and it also seems odd that an adapter is needed for dual crown forks (which I'd assume would be a significant percentage of the people looking for this kind of system).

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I used the first gen one several times and liked it. I gave a link to my wife for the Gen 2 version and said "this would make a great father's day gift." I'd be interested to compare takes on what you find good ranges to be for compression/rebound speeds and dynamic sag amounts.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Time through a section and compare it to control overall ..figure 3 main sections and do them back to back look at all data points and see where it can be sped up..repeaton times and see if I'm losing elsewhere...find the happy medium for my style..

That's where I'm going to start and adjust sag to see where I hover most of the time... obviously do spring rates and dial as needed...

Primarily I'm looking for balance, then if I think it feels a bit to wonky at its greatest setting point I'll retune and run again for numbers and see...

From what I see it'll do all the stuff the big systems do just more weather proof and dial it in, I considered a BYB but I don't want issues with weather and debris effecting it and replacing the sensors...

I'll use it for setting up and doing tuning clinics but now that wife and I are full speed training for HYROX pro, deka and CrossFit I might as well be racing too...(She can take the rest of year off she made worlds her first pro run at hyrox New York)

55,000 competitors only 1500 get the invite...she made it first time in pro woman's...sorry for the gloating she's a badass..

Last edited:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Yeah the MI Gen1 system was really sensitive to mud and water. On my friend's system that I was borrowing I destroyed the fork tracer sensor on one muddy ride by accident. Ooops. And mounting the Gen1 on certain frames (like Nomad) was impossible through the tunnel - I had to rig something up from the upper link to the bottom of the top tube.

Using the Gen1 was really eye opening to me for balancing front/rear, and opened me up to thinking about new ways of thinking about tuning. Like if I felt like I was getting pitched forward on steeps (but wasn't using full travel on fork on big hits, had LSC on it pretty closed), open LSC on shock 1 click to let back hunker down a bit. I don't have shuttling nearby, but I can do lots of repeat laps on the ebike for data. Then I can transfer those settings as a starting point for the pedal bike, since they have same components.

It's also fun to sorta follow the data to the point where it's definitely faster, but too physical to want to actually ride it like that.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah my v10 is harsh at slower speeds and in pits...at speed and hammering down it opens up...which is not where I'd set a Enduro bike ,that's going to be a new baseline...I get it where I can rip bit I know there's better settings ..I have dialed baselines based on feel but feel is t as accurate as actual data...
I'll be doing nomad first since it's my primary, slash is on today so I'll be a bit different with the suspension design on it I'm sure...

Lastly the v10 will get dialed in ..

Glad to hear your thoughts on it, I know he took first system off due to sensors and weather etc effecting them...this is supposed to be a lot more dialed just as accurate and way more weather proof and reliable....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Super interested in this, even though I don't remotely have a "need". Offhand, I don't get why it's not compatible with coil forks and it also seems odd that an adapter is needed for dual crown forks (which I'd assume would be a significant percentage of the people looking for this kind of system).
Mounting...the upper fork mount uses a threaded Schrader cap . So I will make a clamp that has a spot to connect it and dual crowns I have the adapters coming as well...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I might pick one up to try. It'll be interesting to see how far off of balance the "by feel" setup approach is.
We did our race trucks similar for desert and the desert bikes...if you've come into 3'+ woops at 80mph or more and not dialed you'll find out if your balanced lol..some serious wild emotions come out real quick

Really excited to see what proper balance does not seat of the pants and video setup ..

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
Im on the BYB for 2 months now.
lot of DATA. and it takes time to understand what and why.
the BYB guys are not so helpfull... they want money for explanations. (if I knew that, I woldnt buy it)
Im a light rider. 65kg. so too light for the rebound and comp that come stock.
Already got a new tune from EXT for the rear (lighter that the lightest they had).the front (LYRIK) is ok.
Im still trying to get things setup right.
I hope you get this working for you better than the BYB.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Im on the BYB for 2 months now.
lot of DATA. and it takes time to understand what and why.
the BYB guys are not so helpfull... they want money for explanations. (if I knew that, I woldnt buy it)
Im a light rider. 65kg. so too light for the rebound and comp that come stock.
Already got a new tune from EXT for the rear (lighter that the lightest they had).the front (LYRIK) is ok.
Im still trying to get things setup right.
I hope you get this working for you better than the BYB.
I looked at that setup, apparently the sensors can have issues and that's why I opted to go another way...didn't realize they would be hard to deal with, Rob is awesome so far ..it's done with development and a couple design changes so it should be released in a few weeks ...
Looking forward to messing with it..

Aside of $communication issues what do you think about the system?

The program is extremely extensive so I'm sure I'll have a learning curve that leaves a lot of questions...
Been playing with program to get familiar with it so I can get ahead of curve when it's released.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
Well.
The system is good.
Lot of data.
Takes time to figure out what to do with it.
But, if I cant get answers from them.... its worth nothing.
Never had to deal with so bad costumer service.