Quantcast

Motivation

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
Say it's 6am, its cold, wet (or like here, hot and sunny)- how do you get motivated to roll out of bed and onto the bike? Just curious, as somedays I want to ride, and others i just can't be f**ked. Especially when the only decent route from my place is all uphill for the first 15minutes of riding.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
For me, it's honestly not a factor. I love to ride. I love mornings and the cooler feel to the air and the smell of a new day. Especially if it's damp cuz then the smell of juniper is more intense. I love the way the sun shines and lights up the white capped mountains and the way the breeze ruffles the flags and makes that sound almost like a cat purr. I like the slow, early burn that wakes me up and gets my body started for the day. Most of all, I like it because I hate sitting in a car.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
For me, it's honestly not a factor. I love to ride. I love mornings and the cooler feel to the air and the smell of a new day. Especially if it's damp cuz then the smell of juniper is more intense. I love the way the sun shines and lights up the white capped mountains and the way the breeze ruffles the flags and makes that sound almost like a cat purr. I like the slow, early burn that wakes me up and gets my body started for the day. Most of all, I like it because I hate sitting in a car.

This is why Heidi rules all.

Fact.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I love riding my bike, but when its really crappy and cold out I motivate myself by thinking about how badly I'm going to kill the competition at the next race.

Mr. Hankey

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Ohio
I rode this morning, in probably the coldest weather I have ever ridden in, in the last 10years. All the other times, were much shorter distances, and included much more clothing. It was awesome. I loved the ride. Can't wait till morning when I ride again, but right now I gotta ride on the trainer for awhile.

Heidi that post was epic!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, I think Heidi is a real cyclist...the rest of us are posers :( When its cold and wet out, motivation is hard to come by (for me anyway)