Quantcast

Moto Foam is it realy that great

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
What do people think off Moto Foam in general it's been used in the MX world for years and some WC teams are using it as well i think.Would Moto foam be they key to faster times in muddy conditions on the DH track in competion or would it be a fail.

Last edited:

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Are you a Moto Foam salesman or you really just cant figure it out by yourself?

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
i've thought about doing it multiple times. It's not however to get faster times but because i'm lazy. It's easier to stuff foam in all the hard to reach places than wash it. :thumb: but then again... i'm too lazy to go to the store and look for the stuff....

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
Yes. Moto foam is made from the monthly harvest of the excess eyebrow hair of certain west australian dhers. It will lower your times, make you scrub jumps, drift corners and inexplicibly crash just when you are about to school the world. Try the "pin it or bin it" brand:D

Back in the real world - It stops mud filling up spots on your bike. No true RM junky has ever thought "I'd like my bike to be a pound or two heavier."? Commencals, vpp bikes, sundays, etc have big spots where mud sits and it wont get out without poking it out with a stick or hosing for ages. Moto foam is great in that case. Then squirt as much of your bike as you can with silicone spray or cooking spray and go play in the mud. (I'm not responsible if you are dumb enough to get silicone on your brakes/grips/top of seat) Just face it - racing in the mud sucks and if you can make it a bit easier -why not?

Must agree with the comments that fish tank filter is the go for easy to get hold of and right quantity for a pushy.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
Yes. Moto foam is made from the monthly harvest of the excess eyebrow hair of certain west australian dhers. It will lower your times, make you scrub jumps, drift corners and inexplicibly crash just when you are about to school the world. Try the "pin it or bin it" brand:D

Back in the real world - It stops mud filling up spots on your bike. No true RM junky has ever thought "I'd like my bike to be a pound or two heavier."? Commencals, vpp bikes, sundays, etc have big spots where mud sits and it wont get out without poking it out with a stick or hosing for ages. Moto foam is great in that case. Then squirt as much of your bike as you can with silicone spray or cooking spray and go play in the mud. (I'm not responsible if you are dumb enough to get silicone on your brakes/grips/top of seat) Just face it - racing in the mud sucks and if you can make it a bit easier -why not?

Must agree with the comments that fish tank filter is the go for easy to get hold of and right quantity for a pushy.

But at most our levels of riding (trying to cover a wide range of skills saying this) do you really think anyone is going to notice the extra couple hundred grams-pound or so? I highly doubt it. I don't know from experience but I doubt it even makes a huge difference for most pros but I guess when you're counting tenths of seconds everything counts...(I went both ways with that arguement) But I still don't think it will matter that much.