Quantcast

moto gp assen

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
did anyone see that race yesterday ?

hayden's killin em in the points.
but he was really needing a win in europe.
and edwards just needed a win period.

nicky played the role of stalker to perfection.
the last two laps were classic.

if only edwards had stayed upright.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Great race. Whaching those guys go at in the last lap was amazing. Nicky was lucky he stayed on the bike.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Westy said:
Great race. Whaching those guys go at in the last lap was amazing. Nicky was lucky he stayed on the bike.
yeah.
nakano came real close to a gift.

it was cool seeing americans running 1- 2 -3 for awhile.

too bad it couldn't have been a 1-2 finish no matter which racer came across first.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I felt really sorry for Edwards, that was a tremendous last lap and he deserved the win, he was very unlucky. It's good to see Hayden going well to.

Rossi's ex-teammate and current teammate...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
fluff said:
I felt really sorry for Edwards, that was a tremendous last lap and he deserved the win, he was very unlucky. It's good to see Hayden going well to.

Rossi's ex-teammate and current teammate...
Well I think he deserved second, Hayden was turning faster laps at the end of the race. I seem to remember Edwards in WSB frying his rear tire by the end of every race, it seemed he was pushing too hard out of most of the corners and probably did the same this weekend.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Westy said:
Well I think he deserved second, Hayden was turning faster laps at the end of the race. I seem to remember Edwards in WSB frying his rear tire by the end of every race, it seemed he was pushing too hard out of most of the corners and probably did the same this weekend.
I dunno; Edwards took 1.2 seconds out of Hayden on the last lap alone (the only time he was behind), and there was probably only one or two laps near the end where Hayden was faster (and following is always easier than leading). Had Hayden not pushed Edwards out to the escape road I doubt he'd have got it. Plenty of people have run the astro-turf and got away with it.

Edit: Interesting lap times from the MotoGP website:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well no matter what the world was spared seeing a lanky texan pick his nose during a post race interview. That dude is a little too relaxed on camera.