Quantcast

moto pics

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
here are a few pics from our trail ride the other day it was bone dry but fun anyways..i rode the track yesterday and i can hardly move..my back is so sore!!!

forth gear taped

^^^I realized after the pic that i had a flat..i was wondering why i was having trouble doing a wheelie!!

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
ano and revalve...they are actually not valved for me but i got em pretty dialed..the guy was about 30 lbs lighter but much faster than me so its just about right...

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
mtnbrider said:
Cool, where is that? SB?

yea if you keep going past cold springs it turns to dirt and the trail starts there..there is actually a track out there but it obviously dosnt get watered or worked on so it super rough but good training..there is some good rock sections out there..thats how i flated..i started riding there along time ago with my dad on my 80

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
wydopen said:
^^^cool pics my friend used to have a jr 50 just like that..
It is a little wet up here.....will be until June. :D

I had a JR50 circa the late 70's I think .....funny thing is they haven't changed except body work essentially. Mine was a black seat and black Suzuki (might have been painted, could have been stickered) on a metal tank. I got the bike around '80-'81ish and I am sure it was a used one. :D

That kid picture cracks me up. Those wheels can't possibly like the track after the big bikes have raced on it for 8 hours (2 races Sat and a 1 on Sun) They just go, and go.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Went to the 300th annual Day in the Dirt today, it was friggin cold, my fingers could barely push the shutter button-but I did get this of Cully in the Team race...and below a pic of Rick Johnson givin me the eye (maybe those wheels I built for him fell apart??) and the bottom one is Jeff Ward-still smokin fools at 100 years old

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
so you guys want to see some Fotos...

my friend JimmyLewis testing the $280.000 dollar HPN900RR before the dakar rally a few years back.

450 pounds, 130hps is pretty much like using a B-52 for the blue angel's "acrobatic" manuvers, but still a bike that only the very few can ride.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
cool fotos..i heard the day in the dirt was rediculace..spectators had to be shuttled in, no parking etc..that pic of the guy drifting that ralley bike is sick...those guys are nuts

mtnbrider said:
What do you think about biking on that track? Does it go down to town?
no the track goes around in a circle, hence the name track..its up and down with square edge woops, you wouldnt make it out of one turn on a mtb...you can ride romero down to town which close by..if you wanna do an xc ride you can take the fire road all along the ridge...you have to take a seperate trail to get to the track but if you stay on the main fireroad you can keep going for ever..it used to be really rocky but they took the tractor back there a few weeks ago...it dosnt sound to fun to me but if you like pain and long fireroads go for it..i would recommend little pine instead if u want a ride like that..at least you get singletrack on that ride

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
RhinofromWA said:
That kid picture cracks me up. Those wheels can't possibly like the track after the big bikes have raced on it for 8 hours (2 races Sat and a 1 on Sun) They just go, and go.

yea when i was little i could go forever...im good for about three laps on an mx track these days..hopefully with alittle more seat time i can change that:)

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005

is cully's hand tied to the throttle????..and he stole my #..i was just gonna slap that on my bike

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm not one for a lot of pain. Is the single track painfull or fun? Are there things to jump off? The road across the mountain (that cold springs is on) is fun to ride down- all those hips/wallrides and little trails along the road.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
there isnt much single track at divide peak but do you know where little pine is??its close to u..its off paradise road..u can climb fireroad up, about ten miles but then there is an 8mile single track descent..not much to jump off of but its one of the best descents around..look on a map of the los padres for santa cruz trail...the fire road starts at upper oso campground if you know where that is...i wouldnt bother with divide on a mtb...if you are feeling adventurous there are a few backside descents (off gibralter)that take you into the backcountry but they are probally overgrown and if you dont know exactally where they come out you will have a hard time having someone meet you with a car...it would take you all day to climb back out..my buddy used to do it but hes nuts and he would camp in the backcountry and climb back out in the morining..have you ever ridden mt fig.?? there are some good trails right in the valley if u have never been there..alot closer than driving to sb..much smoother for a ht too..

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
it ends up in davey brown camp..no jumps, some sketchy sections though..i rode it once on a ht...it was fun i think there were a few steep sections...its worth it

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Is it near white rock trail? I hiked that when I did a school internship w/ the fire place there. That trail goes down behind figuroa- theres a camp down there somewhere- is that it? Maybe you could show me sometime.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
im not sure if that is the same one...i could show u but im up north for a few more months now..it will probally have snow up there next time im home

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
will do...ill take u up to little pine too if you dont mind waiting while i push up the climb