Quantcast

Moto Riding

PITA

Chimp
Nov 10, 2003
Bellevue, WA
Any suggestions on places near Seattle to let a kid learn to ride a motorcycle? Tracks, trails or open land that is legal are all accepted. My on-line research has been that successful so any input is appreciated.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Reiter Pit, Picnic Point gravel pit, Canyon Park gravel pit, Mud Lake . . . oh, oops - -that was all like 35 years ago. I think the only thing left out of all those is Reiter, huh?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
And, I belileve Reiter is temporarily closed....

There are a few tracks in the Snoqualmie valley but all are private and you need to pay to play. Shouldn't be too hard to find web info out there.

PITA

Chimp
Nov 10, 2003
Bellevue, WA
Depressing, but aligned to what internet searches suggested. I appreciate the input and let me know if you think of more. I will try to find more on private tracks, since paying may be better than not riding.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I don't see him on here much any more, but you might try PMing Rhinofromwa - - he might be able to put you on to what places there are. Stumpjumpers Motorcycle Club might be a good resource too.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Walker Valley ORV. 20 minutes S.E. of Mt. Vernon. I live in Lynnwood and it takes me just over an hour to get there. Tons of trails for moto but most are too advanced for a beginner. There is,however, a large gravel pit that I see little kids riding in all the time. It's up around the corner from the main parking lot.......just ask someone at the main lot and they could point you in the right direction. I'm @ Walker all the time so if you see the thing in my avatar say HI:thumb:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I live in Lynnwood and it takes me just over an hour to get there . . . .
I know that progress is inevitable but that's kinda sad. I grew up at Martha Lake and went to Lynnwood HS; and there used to be a lot of places to ride, many just neighborhood streets away: the old Interurban/powerline right-of-way; the big barren that finally became the Alderwood Mall; the hundreds of acres that became Mill Creek and the golf course; 'Mud Lake' NW of Silver Lake (guess it's Hilton Lake now and surrounded by development) and the adjacent powerline; Canyon Park gravel pit/MX track; the gravel pit at Picnic Point; another huge gravel pit that used to be on the hillside near the Woodinville/405 interchange. Plus there was a cool little scrambles track at Maltby, indoor short track at Monroe and Gold Creek Stables (Woodinville), outdoor short track under the lights at the Aqua Barn (Maple Valley), and . . . well . . . I'm probably boring you. Late '60s/'70s were a great time to be a kid with a dirt bike in Western Washington for sure.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
I know that progress is inevitable but that's kinda sad. I grew up at Martha Lake and went to Lynnwood HS; and there used to be a lot of places to ride, many just neighborhood streets away: the old Interurban/powerline right-of-way; the big barren that finally became the Alderwood Mall; the hundreds of acres that became Mill Creek and the golf course; 'Mud Lake' NW of Silver Lake (guess it's Hilton Lake now and surrounded by development) and the adjacent powerline; Canyon Park gravel pit/MX track; the gravel pit at Picnic Point; another huge gravel pit that used to be on the hillside near the Woodinville/405 interchange. Plus there was a cool little scrambles track at Maltby, indoor short track at Monroe and Gold Creek Stables (Woodinville), outdoor short track under the lights at the Aqua Barn (Maple Valley), and . . . well . . . I'm probably boring you. Late '60s/'70s were a great time to be a kid with a dirt bike in Western Washington for sure.
This sounds so much like my dad. He tells me stories all the time about growing up in Tacoma and being able to ride from his house and this and that. It is truly a shame that WA state has not embraced motorsports more. I own a dirtbike and can honestly say the nearest LEGAL place to ride is almost an hour and a half from my house.