Quantcast

Motoped - Mountain Bike Moto crossover

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's a big reason I got a supermoto: Getting around town and splitting traffic on the bridge. And dude, your bike better be faster than 100 mph. I get close to that on my DRZ and it's only a 400 with crappy aerodynamics.

Anyway that thing looks like it would be fun for a couple hours but after that I'd probably wish for either a real moto or a real DH bike.
:stupid:

I want to get some wheels/tires for my YZ450F.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's a big reason I got a supermoto: Getting around town and splitting traffic on the bridge. And dude, your bike better be faster than 100 mph. I get close to that on my DRZ and it's only a 400 with crappy aerodynamics.

Anyway that thing looks like it would be fun for a couple hours but after that I'd probably wish for either a real moto or a real DH bike.
I was super envious of your DRZ, but I think I made the right move with the SV. I do a 70 mile commute, doing at least 75mph a hour.

I have thought about getting a Dual Sport for Dville, but I rather save my pennies for a Gixxer 750.

I hate to say this, but I want a drunk bike. Any moto seems like a bad idea. A 50cc dh bike seems almost safe.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
get a ktm 990sm or something similar. then do your 70 mile commute at 145 and still have a sumo
Dude, I'm Asian!!!! Can't you tell by my username? My avatar?

I'm going to ride a Gixxer, a R1, maybe a VFR. Because that what Asians ride! Not some piece-of-crap Austrian moto.

Plus I like having a fairing.