Quantcast

motorcycle body armor but no lid?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I just don't get it. I see it regularly... guys spending $500+ on leathers, but then they don't wear a lid. They'll even wear it on hot days.

just my random pondering for the day.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Chicks dig it?

I love the people who wear the helmet the whole time they are out. Seeing someone standing at the milk cooler in the store wearing a full face helmet is hilarious. I guess milk can be dangerous.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I don't get it either. Sometimes the 'image' is more important, especially among peers. His buds probably do the same so that's probably the COOL look to have. It's kind of like the guys who ride DH without pads because they see guys in magazines w/o pads.

This is the only motorcycle related pic I have. weeEEEEE

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Chicks dig it?

I love the people who wear the helmet the whole time they are out. Seeing someone standing at the milk cooler in the store wearing a full face helmet is hilarious. I guess milk can be dangerous.
milk bomb in the cooler. you never know! :)

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
A few weeks ago I saw a guy get out of a big jacked up truck at the trailhead, get on his bike with leg armor but no helmet, and proceed to get stuck in his pedals, fall over, and hit his head on a parked car. I hypothesize that the bigger one's truck is, the less sense they have.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Chicks dig it?

:redface:

umm, err... :wave: :busted:

I'm that guy :D If I'm going into a convenience store for just a minute, I don't bother removing my lid.
This is the only motorcycle related pic I have. weeEEEEE
Is that YOU?! :eek:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I'm that guy :D If I'm going into a convenience store for just a minute, I don't bother removing my lid.

Is that YOU?! :eek:
Nope, thankfully not me.

I"m with you, I don't see anything wrong with wearing a helmet inside a store. I usually wear my bike helmet if I go into a 7-11 for a drink.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Out here in CA, you're required to wear a helmet, so you'll typically see a helmet and nothing else. I've even seen a guy wearing a helmet, leather jacket, and shorts....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was laughing at a guy on the coast 2 weeks ago sporting a $800 lid, t-shirt and shorts.

At least he would look good in an open casket.

I feel weird if I get on my moto sans helmet/jacket/gloves.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was laughing at a guy on the coast 2 weeks ago sporting a $800 lid, t-shirt and shorts.

At least he would look good in an open casket.

I feel weird if I get on my moto sans helmet/jacket/gloves.

A helmet can save your life. Gloves and a jacket will just reduce injury.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
When I was a kid, I remember seeing a guy on a brand new neon green and white Ninja. He stopped at a stop light. Then took off and I looked away. Then I heard the sounds of a bike slamming to the ground and sliding and scraping.

He was wearing a helmet. No gloves. Only shorts, a tank top, and sandals. I'm pretty sure he was hatin' life for a few months after that.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I"m with you, I don't see anything wrong with wearing a helmet inside a store. I usually wear my bike helmet if I go into a 7-11 for a drink.
I ain't talking bout grabbing a big gulp in a bike helmet. I mean browsing your local grocery store in a full face moto helmet.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
When I was a kid, I remember seeing a guy on a brand new neon green and white Ninja. He stopped at a stop light. Then took off and I looked away. Then I heard the sounds of a bike slamming to the ground and sliding and scraping.

He was wearing a helmet. No gloves. Only shorts, a tank top, and sandals. I'm pretty sure he was hatin' life for a few months after that.
Ouch, road rash is no fun