Quantcast

Motorcycle Helmets; Mand[a]tory or Not?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
life vests?
Funny story, involving those Co2 invlatable "Airbag" Vest's..... I was getting ready to leave the wonderfull Taco Hell, when another rider pulled in next to me. He got off his bike, and I noticed this Cable attached to the handlebar, He took a couple steps and..... "Damnit" Vest inflation!!!! Funny as hell!!!!!!! I couldnt help but laugh

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Funny story, involving those Co2 invlatable "Airbag" Vest's..... I was getting ready to leave the wonderfull Taco Hell, when another rider pulled in next to me. He got off his bike, and I noticed this Cable attached to the handlebar, He took a couple steps and..... "Damnit" Vest inflation!!!! Funny as hell!!!!!!! I couldnt help but laugh
awesome! u2b?

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
That'd make a great movie!

You could have some rebels -- Wynona Ryder, Natalie Portman, and Milla Jovavich -- looking for Sanctuary. Then a pillow fight.

Am I right?
You had me at Natalie Portman. The pillow fight vision is great, but only if they're dressed as nurses in an ER unit- and I get the lead as an injured cycling hereo hurt trying to save a little kid from being hit by a bus. That's my movie (head nodding).

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i actually wrote an opinion paper on this topic a few semesters back. my professor was very anti-helmet law so i had a good time trying to think up a way that he would approve of my proposed helmet law.

my idea is that a rider may ride w/out a helmet by permit only. in order to obtain the permit the rider must have 1 year as a licensed rider AND must show proof of private health insurance (medicaid/other government assisted health programs would not count)
my plan would solve two problems; it would ensure that riders were wearing protection during the time frame in which they are most likely to have an accident and it would ensure that the government/society would not foot the bill for any head injuries sustained as a result of not wearing a helmet.

WSR Crash

Chimp
Apr 21, 2006
White Pine, Tn
I personally do not believe in helmet laws or seatbelt laws but I always wore a helmet and rarely wear my seatbelt. I flipped a bike doing about 80 helmet skinned but no head injury. I slid a bike off of a bridge at about 45 busted Arai helmet fractured skull and c1 and c2.

So if you don't want to wear a helmet fine but whenever I am on a motorcycle I will have a helmet on:biggrin: