Quantcast

Motorcycle Salvage Centers? Going out on a limb.....

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
For those of you that are gearheads......

Can you provide any links to any motorcycle salvage centers? If they are in Southern Ca. that would be a plus.....

I'm looking for a '99 CR 125 engine with electronics.....no problem if it needs to be gone through...(has to be a '99.....long story) I know that this is way off base for an MTB site (but monkeys almost always seems to come though), but any links that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

jeb4 :thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I only know about salvage tit;e whole bike type shops. But you should be able to find on dexonline or something. I know there are a couple here in Oregon, so you should have plenty down there.

Also check craigslist.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
'99 is a little new for a salvage center. Might be hard to find one there. Personally I would go onto a motorcycle forum and ask them. I know tons of people who have extra/old engines sitting around, but unfortunately none are a '99 CR125.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
why do you need a '99 CR125 engine?

i may know someone parting out a bike of that year, since he cracked the frame. ill ask how much he wants for the engine. just know that i am in MA, so you would probably need to pay for shipping

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
mcA896 said:
why do you need a '99 CR125 engine?
The engine will not be used in a bike.....it will be used in a shifter kart. The class that I'm looking at running revolves around a '99 (and it has to be a Honda CR 125)

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
mcA896 said:
cool. but what's so special about the 1999 cr125?
Not a whole lot as far as I can tell :rolleyes:

The class is a stock 125 moto class. From what I understand the barrel, head, and ignition are the key to keeping things "even" (using a '97 6 speed gearbox). Karting is a weird deal........always will be...

To make a long story short......I could buy a new set-up ($$$$ means that it is out of the question)...or I could look for something used. Getting a '99 mean far less headaches!

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Wasn't 99 known as a high rpm screamer? I might be confusing years but if was was ahigh rpm engine then it would work very well in a shifter cart.