Quantcast

motorcycle tech bmw k100rs, 1985 fuel filter

i am in my garage now... my newly bought 1985 K100RS, 16,000 miles, this afternoon started a wheeze wine that was increased with throttle... from the gas tank, so i get a new filter for the thing.. my clymer has not yet arrived... i just 100 miles ago put BG44K injection cleaner (half can) into tank... bike sate maybe 4-5 years with out being ridden supposed.. unkown for sure... any way.. history on it looks like dealer maintained... but, there is some indication maybe PO did some own stuff... epoxy on some body work... anyway

it looks to me like the arrow on the filter was pointing the wrong way... it was point away from pump.. so the flex line connected to pump to filter then short flex line then a solid tube that appears to go to low point in tank,... under pump... it looks like it should be the other way... the arrow should point AT the pump please reply... was hoping to have new pump in tonight... it is 938 pm in colorado

thanks

Justin in colorado
justinthered <at> earthlink <dot> net
Tourjours Pret
Les deviations dans la vie, sont-ils les avenues vraies ou les avenues fausses ?

i cant believe i just sold my airhead ....

yes, the arrow points towards the injectors. there is a screen before the pump then after pump is the filter... :D

why sell the airhead? .... cash. i love airheads, they are so simple and virtually indestructable but the 85 K100RS ... shi its fast and stable for long distance and big commutes. out here in denver area, commute traffic hauls at 90+ and the airhead would hit 105 in pain... the K brick hits 130 in pain thereby at 90+ I can drop a gear and haul past issues and or roll on the torque at 6k peak and peak HP at 8K on tach...

the plan is to sell all remaining parts and pieces ... or should say, once the money is collected, and put that cash to a KLR650 for around town errands, light single track and heavy dirt road bash crash and tenting.... so a used one of them at about 2500 or 3000 bucks... is right handy. and get my kid a little 50cc ..... :-) anyway, cash.

love airheads... also, the airhead, old blue... sold to my housemate thereby it is still with me in a way. my housemate will likely be here till I find a woman to partner up with for the long term...

so.....

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
BarbaRosa said:
yes, the arrow points towards the injectors. there is a screen before the pump then after pump is the filter... :D
haha, now I can really bug you about repairs since we have nearly the same model. I think I'll change my fuel filter next.