Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yes, the high desert stuff. It gets hella dusty, but it's so much fun. The wife likes it better out there, but it's not a day trip for us.
That's right behind my house. The smoothness is more a product of the gopro stabilization than the trail. Its actually kinda rocky.

China hat area looks fun. I need to get up there one spring.

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Yes, the high desert stuff. It gets hella dusty, but it's so much fun. The wife likes it better out there, but it's not a day trip for us.
I wanna get over there and check it out. Not sure where to start. Any advice? It’s not dusty right now with all the rain. But that’ll last only a few days. Hit me up if you ever head down here and wanna ride or need anything.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wanna get over there and check it out. Not sure where to start. Any advice? It’s not dusty right now with all the rain. But that’ll last only a few days. Hit me up if you ever head down here and wanna ride or need anything.
@gonefirefightin is usually in Sisters. He knows that area pretty well. I don't know the area well but love the riding there. When I was younger we would camp for 2-3 days and ride. Now we rent a house and just make day trips, not nearly the same level, but neither am I..

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So when I ask if this was a GoPro effect, you tell me WTF I am talking about. And now this. :rofl:
WTF are you even talking about? :rofl:

You said it looked different than mountainbiking. They look identical, with or without image stabilization.

You can be specific. "looks too smooth/slow/weird for a different reason/lacks brotube channel narration for my homies"

Last edited:

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
don't mount it to the fender if you want watchable footage

your body somewhere is the best steady cam

you could also bolt a chicken to your bike. Nature's steadycam
I haven’t found the bolt holes in any of my chickens. Should I drill and tap my own?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
don't mount it to the fender if you want watchable footage

your body somewhere is the best steady cam

you could also bolt a chicken to your bike. Nature's steadycam
I had a bar mount for my cheap one somewhere. I thought if it was right in front of the fork clamp it wouldn't be bad. My DH helmet has a mount, maybe I will stick one on my non Slayer moto lid.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I know what chrome gets me, but what sort of gains can I expect from anno? I should have a nice bump from all my blingy bits. :rofl:

PXL_20220617_131144620~2.jpg

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Youre fine

my whole pedal assembly fell off
What's funny is that stupid return spring is impossible to put on with the lever mounted. I found a return spring mod that's WAY better, should be here by next weekend.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What's funny is that stupid return spring is impossible to put on with the lever mounted. I found a return spring mod that's WAY better, should be here by next weekend.

you just let me know when you want to stop forcing yourself to stand on your heel so you can reach that stupid thing

:D

SloanJason

Chimp
Dec 5, 2017
Bike shop just tried to screw me over when I came in to replace my lost keys. I won't give their name because I'm not petty like that, just pissed off. It makes me hotter than a firecracker when places try to pull this crap. But instead of sucking up and going to the dealership (which I refuse to give my money to) I actually called a locksmith. They hooked me up fast with easy key fob replacement from the crew over at United Locksmith. Wanted to let everyone know there's good folks out there who actually care about helping and aren't price gouging. There, I had to get that off my chest.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Finally got the plates for the tw200, so went for a ride off too go explore the forest service roads and see if I can find unmapped moto trails. I had crossed a moto trail on a mtb bike trail I rode at the western edge of the forest so I knew stuff was out there. Took me ten minutes. Found so much single track, so many forest service roads. Plenty of tracks to follow. Did about 40 miles on the dirt. All about 5 miles from the house. Only took a picture of what I think must be wild asparagus for ms junkyard.

Attachments

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I know what chrome gets me, but what sort of gains can I expect from anno? I should have a nice bump from all my blingy bits. :rofl:

View attachment 177843
The machining on that lever makes me cringe. 'lets use a 1/4" ball mill to machine a flat surface because science hasn't invented anything better yet' AKA "let's use the wrong tool and let the CAM software bodge something up"

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Got to ride one of those a couple weeks ago on a camping trip, now wife has been combing the classifieds looking for a couple. Fun bike for puttering about in the woods.
Sometimes it feels fast. Upgradeing the suspension and front tire made it more fun.