Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Nice! Enjoy.
That was her first day out on the motorcycle this year. It’s nice to get the first wet rooty ride out of the way. She gets way more confident after a few of those.
Just wondering: is this type of moto riding legal in Switzerland or are you poaching?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
similar motor (12.5 KW) as the sur ron ultra but shorter range/smaller Ah battery, and 37lbs lighter. And half the price.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
similar motor (12.5 KW) as the sur ron ultra but shorter range/smaller Ah battery, and 37lbs lighter. And half the price.

Wonder if you can do the same wheel swap for a 21/18 setup. If it has enough power, I don't need more than like 40 miles. I'm curious how the 19/18 wheel setup rides.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Wonder if you can do the same wheel swap for a 21/18 setup. If it has enough power, I don't need more than like 40 miles. I'm curious how the 19/18 wheel setup rides.
those are like 85cc dirbike wheels right?

They're not full size motorcycle wheels and they're definitely not mtb wheels but I guess the dork rocket market is big enough now with sur rons that they are their own thing?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

They're not full size motorcycle wheels and they're definitely not mtb wheels but I guess the dork rocket market is big enough now with sur rons that they are their own thing?
Motorcycle wheel sizes can go from 10"-21" in inch increments except for 20" and a 16.5" thrown in there.

The problem is getting appropriate tires for the application.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I don't know where you get a 19" front, that makes no sense to me.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You have to realize that the US is a tiny moto market compared to places like India and China where smaller motorcycles of all kinds prevail.
A 21 doesn't seem like a ton of effort and the payoff would be worth it. But that's also what make me want to try the 19 front to see what's up. Maybe it's fantastic and easy to toss around like that.

17" supermoto wheels would also be fun.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A 21 doesn't seem like a ton of effort and the payoff would be worth it. But that's also what make me want to try the 19 front to see what's up. Maybe it's fantastic and easy to toss around like that.

17" supermoto wheels would also be fun.

Sucks when someone light and cheap doesn't have all the cool shit that something more expensive and heavier has. I assume it is part of a moto-lizard conspiracy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
younger brother bought his r ninet a older brother...

IMG_2519.jpg

and i saw some old guy on a trumpet at the bank...

20230601_104751.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Motorcycle wheel sizes can go from 10"-21" in inch increments except for 20" and a 16.5" thrown in there.

The problem is getting appropriate tires for the application.
3.0 motherfucking Kendas, as in kenda, the supposed tire company that makes nothing good for anything tells me my assumption is correct in that this is a barely existent market at this point. At least in terms of riding hard on dirt, not commuting in Viet Nam level utilitarianism.

Theyd still probably grind up tech bro flesh on a flow trail so Im not entirely writing them off.

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I don’t like riding on the street much so I try to go near my house. I really want to go check out the China hat area though. I’m sure I’ll get to it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also it was free OHV weekend (I wasn't aware). It was PACKED, but Military Trail was empty, so I got some fast laps in..

FB_IMG_1685920176799.jpg

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
is that what happens when the battery dies?

that looks skurry
Apparently the 2 bikes that have been delivered are to a YouTube guy and a freestyle guy (pictured). There have been some great content including dyno runs. The YouTuber has an Alta so there is a good bit of side by side.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Apparently the 2 bikes that have been delivered are to a YouTube guy and a freestyle guy (pictured). There have been some great content including dyno runs. The YouTuber has an Alta so there is a good bit of side by side.

I've seen the youtoobR guy.

I don't know.....they're still lagging.

rampy jumpy stuff seems like a really good application for those but it's kind of a limited market

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've seen the youtoobR guy.

I don't know.....they're still lagging.

rampy jumpy stuff seems like a really good application for those but it's kind of a limited market
I still think it's crazy just how good the Alta is after what, 5 years? I mean, damn. The Stark has a lot going for it but it still seems sketchy with only 2 guys posting content.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I still think it's crazy just how good the Alta is after what, 5 years? I mean, damn. The Stark has a lot going for it but it still seems sketchy with only 2 guys posting content.
For sure. Especially considering how many pre-orders they had. Alta had to do a year of loss leader pricing to get bikes out there, whereas these hair gels just need to be able to make the damn thing which they seem to be struggling with.

Given, I know Ohio so my window into alta was a little different than public perception, but these strkn vrgn guys should be doing an easy job of getting bikes out at this point IMO. Alta had to convince people they wanted them while having a good product on hand. Team turtleneck is doing the opposite....flailing on the bike while the whole fucking planet is interested.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think a huge issue on the Alta was the price. At the time $14k for a bike seemed steep (a bargain for what you got). But now a KTM runs that and nobody blinks. Now Stark can price it at $14k and people are bitting.