Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I watched the orignal V lizard people series over the weekend. Filmed in LA in 1982/83

I know the 60s was the heyday but it still just looked like that shitty fog
What I saw briefly in the late 80s definitely hade a nice yellow/brown tinge.

1686011305100.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What I saw briefly in the late 80s definitely hade a nice yellow/brown tinge.

View attachment 194804
I remember seeing the photos.

That looks like a morning/evening vs. mid day variation most likely

For all the self congratulations this state likes to give itself that sky is still fucking disgusting down there.

#neverforget

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I remember seeing the photos.

That looks like a morning/evening vs. mid day variation most likely

For all the self congratulations this state likes to give itself that sky is still fucking disgusting down there.

#neverforget
I remember in the Navy you could spot San Diego from 200 miles out based on the color of the horizon. The first time I saw it, it was sobering.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I remember hearing the old timers talking about how in los angles you had to clean your windshield every tank of gas from the smog.

on another note of bygone days. In the late 80’s and early 90’s in the wrecking yard you would see head marks in windshield’s all the time. Now you never see them. Really started seeing them way less in the late 90’s. The seatbelt law and people more people wearing them along with airbags. Always lots of hair hanging from the glass dome.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The Beta is definitely the front runner because it is at least labeled as a Beta (while likely just a rebranded SurRon). The specs work, still not totally sold on the stock wheels, but I want to ride it first.

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
IMG_20230611_075922.jpg

The bike picked up something along side the trail. The amount of rain we've had this year has helped to keep the colors alive a little longer this year...luv'n it!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The Beta is definitely the front runner because it is at least labeled as a Beta (while likely just a rebranded SurRon). The specs work, still not totally sold on the stock wheels, but I want to ride it first.

somebody found the rebrand

It's kind a funny to watch that whole world come down to 'catalog bikes' the way mtb is

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
somebody found the rebrand

It's kind a funny to watch that whole world come down to 'catalog bikes' the way mtb is
Looks like the Beta is cheaper. I wouldn't expect a small company like Beta to R&D a ground up emoto, but hopefully they stand behind it. The Beta dealer here is pretty big. They also carry SurRon, so it might get interesting.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Not just racers, but Marshalls and bystanders as well.
It's one of the most incredible sporting events in the world, but I'm honestly not sure that I really support having it anymore. I get that the riders "know the risks" and can make their own decisions, but the rate of serious injuries and deaths just seems way out of line with anything that's acceptable in sports. Of course, plenty of people will argue that the danger is the point of the whole thing, it's just...I don't know, kind of grotesque.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's one of the most incredible sporting events in the world, but I'm honestly not sure that I really support having it anymore. I get that the riders "know the risks" and can make their own decisions, but the rate of serious injuries and deaths just seems way out of line with anything that's acceptable in sports. Of course, plenty of people will argue that the danger is the point of the whole thing, it's just...I don't know, kind of grotesque.
what we need to do is get it to a billionaires only sport

Instead of building space dicks, branson, bezos, musk, koch etc all race motorcycles that kill them

win win!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
god damn this stuff is delicious

even better than blue loc tite

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
god damn this stuff is delicious

even better than blue loc tite

I've been using that shit for years. First thing I did when I got both bike was a flush and fill.

I will say since I added the temp gauge radiator cap I've kept the bike a lot cooler. As long as you are moving it's fine

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I didn't know you were an uphill enthusiast.
I turn uphills into world cup dh tracks with a motor. That's kind of the point you know.

Doesn't matter if they get there, just simulating the local economy with their visits.
'simulating' indeed

And I look forward to them explaining this to me because they're the first person ever to genuinely believe this

Anyway, I'd love to get some bay area dorks with too much money and a sense of adventure killed in the woods. So again, thank you for that.

I used to leave 5ft holes next to jumps on mtb trails I built so there's no go around for hacks. I appreciate this evolution.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
1687583123866.png
I turn uphills into world cup dh tracks with a motor. That's kind of the point you know.

'simulating' indeed

And I look forward to them explaining this to me because they're the first person ever to genuinely believe this

Anyway, I'd love to get some bay area dorks with too much money and a sense of adventure killed in the woods. So again, thank you for that.

I used to leave 5ft holes next to jumps on mtb trails I built so there's no go around for hacks. I appreciate this evolution.