Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
that thick texas accent is something else

everyone else doing videos on those things must be midgets. That's the first person I've seen on one that looks like he dwarfs it.
He said he's 6'1" and added 1" risers. He's also running the stock wheels which will likely be my first upgrade.

The local shop got the Storm in, I'm peeping it tomorrow.

To me it fit like a 125.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know how tall you are but my most favoritist bike ever in terms of size/geometry is a 125
I'm 6'4". I've only ridden 1 125 and it felt kind of like a 20" BMX I could toss around. I wish they had a skills course or something to try it on other than a flat parking lot.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
oh you fucked

let me know when you want to sell that thing

can't believe anyone would have recommended that bike to you

someone should have talked to you about the stark varg
Beaverton is supposed to be getting a few Varg's as well. But it's a heavy bitch, too.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Not like I have any frame of reference but I have no idea what I'd even do with that.

I get annoyed with how non-nimble 300s are
I will say my Husaberg FC 400 wasn't light, but the Ohlins setup on that bike was so damn nice. I could toss it around enough to get myself into some shit. But the idea of a sub 200# woods bike sounds better and better.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Spied this tonight. Know what it is? Seeing a bunch of electric bikes in Barcelona… and tons of scooters. This is at the ball field near one of the the beaches.

IMG_3139.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, the reading isn't great. But 87hp and 47lbs at the wheel? Yes please. I believe my YZ450 is right at 245.

That has a higher power to weight ratio than my streetbike which even with sticky tires on good roads cannot apply that power until you are near triple digit speeds. Should be great for digging trenches.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That has a higher power to weight ratio than my streetbike which even with sticky tires on good roads cannot apply that power until you are near triple digit speeds. Should be great for digging trenches.
The Stark Varg has 692lbft from 80hp, makes the 47lbft seem like a turd.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to say I like what they have done. I still think for what I want the Ultra with bigger wheels is still the best option. But these are damn nice..

PXL_20230810_175439852.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Who is good enough to ride with more than 60hp?
I think they wanted to make it snowbike relevant. Sand hill climbing? Supermoto street builds?

regardless, the 80hp version has a longer range at lower output settings. That's the real reason to get it.

I thought they were different batteries, didn't realize they charge 1k more for a software change. Gross