Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No idea if this has been posted, but figured this was the best thread.

I have never seen anything like this.
Is it production which is my guess or back shed?

View attachment 201629

It is a chopper thing. Also choppers are fucking stupid

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Yeah, not sure I understand the need for 2 plugs but I dig most of all the other shitaqua as well as the ability to add a kicker. It'd be a do as woo do and get rid of the ridiculous frikkin plastic with all those stupid words n'shit. Been wanting to try some sort of FI but the weight and no kicker sucks for where we ride. Also, I've had good luck jetting a keihin carb for 4-10k with only airscrew adjustments. I also wonder if RKtek will do a double plug head?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I also wonder if RKtek will do a double plug head?
kelsey's a weirdo but it's a good point: might be a while before you can get an aftermarket dome (like from a sane machinist like Apex :D)

Suzuki used to make dual plug snowmobile motors for arctic cat. They worked great....although impossible to say what 4 plugs on 2 cylinders had to do with any of it. I think some of the older 2T airplane motors came up with that setup for reliability/backup

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, not sure I understand the need for 2 plugs but I dig most of all the other shitaqua as well as the ability to add a kicker. It'd be a do as woo do and get rid of the ridiculous frikkin plastic with all those stupid words n'shit. Been wanting to try some sort of FI but the weight and no kicker sucks for where we ride. Also, I've had good luck jetting a keihin carb for 4-10k with only airscrew adjustments. I also wonder if RKtek will do a double plug head?
Granted I have only had a few bikes, but my '06 YZ450 was a bitch to start cold, sometimes a bitch when hot. My '12 FI YZ450 will start right now with 2 kicks in skate shoes having not ran in 2 months. It just starts, damn near every kick. No choke, no screw adjustment, just starts.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I guess. I had to kick the living shit out of it. I found a routine that worked pretty well, but it was never a 1 kick deal. The fuelie starts with a half assed kick.
Mine, albeit a newer bike but with the same motor starts up 1-3 kicks with the choke on every time in the cold. Hard to say since you don't have it anymore.

FI four strokes are way more dialed just because they've been seeing development for almost 20 years. The FI 2 strokes are a fucking liability 30 miles from your truck in the bottom of a canyon. I just dealt with a buddy with a 22 KTM last week. Thank god he put a kickstarter on the thing with one of the models you still could. Otherwise we'd still be there.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mine, albeit a newer bike but with the same motor starts up 1-3 kicks with the choke on every time in the cold. Hard to say since you don't have it anymore.

FI four strokes are way more dialed just because they've been seeing development for almost 20 years. The FI 2 strokes are a fucking liability 30 miles from your truck in the bottom of a canyon. I just dealt with a buddy with a 22 KTM last week. Thank god he put a kickstarter on the thing with one of the models you still could. Otherwise we'd still be there.
I remember when the Cannondale came out without a kickstarter, I thought it was crazy. Please believe I loved my '06 WR450 magic button, but it didn't always work.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I remember when the Cannondale came out without a kickstarter, I thought it was crazy. Please believe I loved my '06 WR450 magic button, but it didn't always work.
Honestly other than dumb EPA rules which will probably spread nationwide now that california is enforcing them there's no reason to do fuel injection on two strokes. The simplicity is the point. The KTM zombies will swear up and down about superior advancements blah blah blah but I've had to bump start too many of the damn things in the middle of nowhere because they don't leave residual fuel in the tank and will often kill the battery before they start. I'm glad beta are sticking with carbs and kickers (or at least the option for a kicker). Sherco ditched the option for a kicker. Makes it easy to know which bikes to NOT buy.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Fortnine kinda justifies $7300 mountain bikes, with a little help from e'reebodeez fah-vor-hut fronch-maaaan, Yohann Bah-rell-eeeeeee

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
77hp Pangiale derived oversquare thumper in a Hypermoto chassis @333lbs?

Yesplease

I hate all the electronics but wonder if that becomes kinda necessary with that kind of power to weight?

ducati-hypermotard-698-mono-12.jpg

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
77hp Pangiale derived oversquare thumper in a Hypermoto chassis @333lbs?

Yesplease

I hate all the electronics but wonder if that becomes kinda necessary with that kind of power to weight?

View attachment 203209
My R1 was an analog deathtrap. I would think a lot of the nannies are a welcome change. The idea of an anti-wheelie just seems crazy to me. One thing that kemp my right hand in check was the idea that in any gear I could float the front tire with half throttle. :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I feel guilty for liking this hammy dork as much as I do. But there's no denying a good ebike shit talk.

I almost feel like I should remake this with a real dirtbike and not that pig ass DRZ

Hey @jimmydean, once you get tired of the back pain being hunched over from that ultra, you got a buyer.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I feel guilty for liking this ham assed dork as much as I do. But there's no denying a good ebike shit talk.

I almost feel like I should remake this with a real dirtbike and not that pig ass DRZ

Hey @jimmydean, once you get tired of the back pain being hunched over from that ultra, you got a buyer.
Granted I have only sat on it so far but the ergonomics seemed pretty good, actually. I'm 6'4" and it didn't feel tiny or awkward like the Light Bee does. I just hope it has enough umph on the trail.