Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
wtf? :rofl:

ole anton's gettin fuzzy

gonna be saving his piss in jars in another year

beats focusing on making bikes for the thousands of preorders that still haven't been delivered yet I guess
Where are they with bikes? Anyone actually close to delivering an electric bike you can just buy and ride within a week?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Where are they with bikes? Anyone actually close to delivering an electric bike you can just buy and ride within a week?
stark has delivered bikes

......to everyone with a youtube channel deemed to be valuable propagandists

I see those ktm freerides in a dealership every once in a while but pretty much no one likes those things. I'm sure zero has something somewhere but those suck too. Sur rons were showing up in stores for a while but apparently their US distributor situation went to shit.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
stark has delivered bikes

......to everyone with a youtube channel deemed to be valuable propagandists

I see those ktm freerides in a dealership every once in a while but pretty much no one likes those things. I'm sure zero has something somewhere but those suck too. Sur rons were showing up in stores for a while but apparently their US distributor situation went to shit.
Thanks for the update. Suppose that’s a big NO… pretty wild considering people have been at this a while.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Picks are open for round one

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Picks are open for round one

Looking forward to it!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've always said the OCC bikes were garbage, now Jay says it, too. :rofl:

I honestly didn't know he had a huge bike collection, but I'm not surprised.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've always said the OCC bikes were garbage, now Jay says it, too. :rofl:

I honestly didn't know he had a huge bike collection, but I'm not surprised.

Who would have thought a bike with no suspension, horrible geometry, shitty brakes, shitty engines and made with lightweight materials such as solid steel bar stock wouldn't be great?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Who would have thought a bike with no suspension, horrible geometry, shitty brakes, shitty engines and made with lightweight materials such as solid steel bar stock wouldn't be great?
While the build quality was suspect, the geometry on all their bikes is just terrible. You can build a ridable hard tail if you know what you are doing, you would think they would figure that shit out after a few bikes, but nope.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
While the build quality was suspect, the geometry on all their bikes is just terrible. You can build a ridable hard tail if you know what you are doing, you would think they would figure that shit out after a few bikes, but nope.
Any bike where the riding position is such that you can't unweight your ass is silly, as a hardtail fucking stupid.

Of course HD makes a lot of expensive modern bikes like that with only 1.5" of suspension with a customer base of geriatrics with bad backs.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
To be fair, the whole America cruiser genre of bike has been lacking in progress since their inception with the exception of Indian in the last couple years. Hell, even Sonny Berger went to a BMW

Harley has been just turning gas into noise with zero comfort since 1903. Every bike I’ve had needed an additional $10k to be deemed mediocre by any other bike’s standards.

It took me 32 bikes to reach 1 million HOG miles and all of them were heavily modified and not one bike lasted more than 80k miles without a major tear down.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Braaaap

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Braaaap

yeah who cares, no one lives in the sahara

why have you not been talking about that sur ron ultra you bought?

I want to know what you think about that thing

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It was fun but nearly wasn’t a talaria for less money, surron felt and acted like a fast e-bike, Talaria felt and rode like a moto
the ultra JD bought or the shitty little black thing sur ron has been making for years?

the talaria costs more so I'm going to pretend I didn't read this.

I only know boobtube clout chasers riding those things but didn't the talarias have a problem overheating?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
the ultra JD bought or the shitty little black thing sur ron has been making for years?

the talaria costs more so I'm going to pretend I didn't read this.

I only know boobtube clout chasers riding those things but didn't the talarias have a problem overheating?
Yup same,

and was, 400 bucks cheaper, may have been locale

I honestly never rode it stock, I ran it up and down the RV park a couple times but ordered the upgraded ESC’s, harness and flash and always rode on those mods

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's always fun when someone doesn't know a subject at all, builds something that in no way shape or form touches the primary point of that subject, and then dismisses the subject

Built at Bosch’s factory in, fittingly, the French Alps

Gee who would have guessed

In Europe, they’ve been unpopular for a long time. A New York Times article from 1972 details how France, Austria, Switzerland, and other Alpine countries strongly opposed this “latest menace to life, limb, and tranquillity”

1972 polaris snowmobile with all the power and noise of a hedge trimmer

“Getting permits to operate in France, Switzerland, and Canada can be really difficult because on paper Moonbikes are in the same category as snowmobiles,” explains Muron.

Welcome to snowmobiling bitch!:rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like the Ducati moto is actually happening

"What you can’t see is the Desmodromic valve system designed in 1956 by Fabio Taglioni."

A motocross bike with Ducati service intervals.

Probably requires a complete overhaul every 45 minutes.