Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Doing my MTB park climb on the moto tomorrow (dirt road) enroute to my fave pavement twisties. Hybridizing as a concession to the Enduro dude from work, and not MTBing because everyone else finked out.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yesterday was the first time I have used the predominantly "duro" half of my Funduro for a significant amount of time. The 20/80 Shinkos did better than I could ever have expected, but apparently turning off-road with no side knobs is near impossible, so corners were taken at a grandmotherly speed.

Never actually ridden a proper dirt bike in the dirt, so it was all first-time feel, but I was able to keep my buddy on a 200 dual-sport out of my rear view on both dirt and pavement, so I guess I was doing something right...?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yesterday was the first time I have used the predominantly "duro" half of my Funduro for a significant amount of time. The 20/80 Shinkos did better than I could ever have expected, but apparently turning off-road with no side knobs is near impossible, so corners were taken at a grandmotherly speed.

Never actually ridden a proper dirt bike in the dirt, so it was all first-time feel, but I was able to keep my buddy on a 200 dual-sport out of my rear view on both dirt and pavement, so I guess I was doing something right...?
Sounds like that set up would be a hoot to steer with the rear on gravel.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Sounds like that set up would be a hoot to steer with the rear on gravel.
I got into that once, but as we were in the middle of a pack of mountain bikers on the shittiest climbing turn of the route (pedal bikers take the hardpack outside line, so I cut to the steep loose inside) I decided not to shower everyone with gravel when it broke loose...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It doesn't need a lot of range as I am guessing after about 5 minutes of riding your neck would hurt so fucking much you'd call an Uber for a ride home.
I thought it looked really cool until I saw how awkward the riding position was.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I poked around and couldn't find anything other than a cad rendering on their social media. Guess it's just an 'investment opportunity' at this point. First one I've seen with a clutch.
Talking 80hp, that's nutty compared to gas bikes even.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I know it's dickwaving but that's also kind of useless on dirt outside wide open baja type stuff

there's a reason no one makes 500cc 2strokes anymore.
I would like it in a supermoto for sure. I'd be interested to try it in the dirt, is there really such a thing as too much power, really?
<edit> that's like twice the HP of my old 883 Sporty. :rofl:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Saw one of these today

$11-$14k for a scooter :sarcastic:

I am pretty sure like the Electric Hummer it has a larger carbon footprint than it's gas equivalent.