Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The brake studs I have didn’t have the right thread pitch for the Brembo lever I stuck it in yesterday.

Only the fanciest of fancies around here. It’s fuggin Switzerland! This thing probably even made some Rolex’s

Ok, will do.

View attachment 174691
if i could send it to....

the 48" sears lathe that my grandfather had in his basement....early 60's era...that was a bitch to get out of the house when he died since there was no exterior entrance....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So after I spent about $350 on guards, kickstand, brake levers, etc, I sold the damn near new rear paddle for $350 so it's a push. The story is he did 1 trip and it looks it. They retail for like $450 plus rotor and sprocket. I will never use it.

PXL_20220507_175636680.jpg

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
but.......

Nope.

So we tried to go riding today but when we got there, I couldn't get the wife's ignition to work. The key just spins the cylinder and I couldn't get it to engage. So I did two quick trails by myself. Military trail is blue and one of my favorites. I was in 3rd gear just flying and not even half throttle. This bike is stupid fast. It wants to go fast. The gears and map will help a lot. But I'm still smiling. I didn't even stall it once! :rofl:

<edit> found it. The wife's bike came with 2 keys, but they aren't the same. Oops.

PXL_20220509_033702925.jpg

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"sorry honey, I must have accidentally grabbed the wrong key. Tell you what, you stay here and I'll go ride my new bike, be back soon!"
It never occurred to me to try the other key. Apparently all the times I had started it, it was with the right one. I took them apart and tossed one in the glove box and put the other in the bike when we were at the gas station. I didn't want both keys together in case we lost one. Good move.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Sand dunes arent everything but they are pretty fun. I’m hoping to get to the st Anthony’s dunes in Idaho soon.

9F085F7F-DC59-4EAC-A215-F12E9C7CB250.jpeg
Took this thing out for the first time. Put 13 miles on it mostly dirt. It’s tons of fun, suspension is lacking though, ordered a fork upgrade and a front tire. I didn’t find the tire lacking but the tw forums have a lot of hate and distrust for the “death wing” tire. A tire I can trust is what I want. Now I gotta get to the dmv.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
do you own a livewire One now?
No, I actually didn't make it. I got caught doing work at work and screwed my whole day. The weather wasn't awful, either.

There was a dude at the DMV that just sold his Brammo Empulse for $3k to his son's friend. He said he only paid $5k for it a few years ago.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's either going to go well, or it's going to be a shit show. Kickstand, pegs, shifter, levers, hand guards, new gears and new fuel map. Going out Monday when we get home from vacation.

PXL_20220519_004938894.jpg

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Matches my GG megatrail.

You should see the stock, uh....."color"

It's this sickly attempt at what I only describe as trying to be fluorescent red

I brought it home and my special lady friend said "ew that looks like shit, you paid money for that?" :rofl:
Did you give up on the Yamahas and get a trail bike? Or you probably have 3 x 125s now? Nice bike!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Did you give up on the Yamahas and get a trail bike? Or you probably have 3 x 125s now? Nice bike!
The yamahas are trail bikes. They're the x versions. 125, and 250.

So far I think the yammys have a bleak future after riding that beta (200cc btw). I'm definitely selling at least one of them, maybe both.

California registration laws just changed making all 2022+ bikes unregisterable. The yammys are going to be worth what I paid for them soon. So I'm both hoarding and just still figuring out what I like. But no, no way in hell I'm keeping 3 dirtbikes. This is the only 190cc-ish bike made any more so I had to check it out. It's pretty damn rad.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The yamahas are trail bikes. They're the x versions.

So far I think the yammys have a bleak future after riding that beta (200cc btw). I'm definitely selling at least one of them, maybe both.

California registration laws just changed so I'm both hoarding and just still figuring out what I like. But no, no way in hell I'm keeping 3 dirtbikes.
Ah ok.
Oh nice! I once had a 200 and loved it!

What did they change? No more carb’d 2 strokes with plates?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ah ok.
Oh nice! I once had a 200 and loved it!

What did they change? No more carb’d 2 strokes with plates?
No more 2 strokes of any kind anywhere, including the woods and desert. It's nuts. It's not even just 2 strokes though, it's any non smog compliant bike, which is most of them. It's partially the manufacturer's fault because tons of clean running bikes just aren't 'certified' because they never did it with the state. It's probably what's going to drive me to move. This state is moronic when it comes to what annoys the sierra club types....which is everything. A bazillion cars on the road every day in this state and they're worried about dirtbikes because punching down scores brownie points.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
As we have learned, this is the burning core of all @kidwoo ’s rage.
Only part of it really. The smug finger wagging from actual contributors is what rages me more.

100000000000000000th example of focusing on the wrong shit.

Just for you: the CA rules are based on smog, not CO2. The regulations are based in 1976, not 2000 anything. They're EPA guidelines that CA is the only state adopting because they still think catalytic converters don't exist.

Drive to any big city in the US and there's an aerosolized carpet of shit hanging over any of them compared to anywhere else. Dirtbikes ain't it. Ban every single one of them tomorrow and nothing will change.

Last edited:

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
DFD4124E-5E63-4B87-A0D3-89D750E807A7.jpeg

carb kit, new front tire, cogent front springs and emulators, rained a bit so hero dirt, had a blast. This thing is just fun.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
A12C8734-753C-4C62-A7D4-9C21BFEDF137.jpeg

762585FE-C7DC-4968-B688-680727354FE5.jpeg

Went out again today and found a new trail going through this little canyon. Just a few miles from the homestead.