Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am guessing "forged" is not referring to the metallurgical forming process. Still probably better than the cast pot metal levers that come on most motorcycles.
That was my thought process. The stock levers are pretty bad. I went with legit ASV's for the hand controls, but the foot controls are just "other than stock". But I love the new rear brake spring setup. The stock spring was near impossible to put on with the lever in place, and that still wasn't a given with it off.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
older brother wants to unrestore the 650 with a modern front end....steers like a beach cruiser....

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Lotsa good moto in the Sun Valley vicinity , eh? Nice looking zones in your pics! Shit, if you flattened out Idaho, it'd be the size of Texas

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
any singletrack in der?

I'm heading in two months. We tend to stay north of galena summit and avoid the ketchum shitshow but that looks okey dokey
no not at this spot, but lots of rocks. It’s a destination thing and is 5 miles up. It’s maybe ten minutes from galena.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
ah

I know where that is, gotcha
yes you’ve probably seen the trucks and trailers parked there. We rolled out Saturday because all the yahoos showed up. Fuckers camped 50 feet away and ran their generator all night long. I love off-roading, the biggest problem with it is the majority of the other people. Thursday was great just us and a nice young family in a jeep. My family loved it. Don’t go on the weekends.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Harley? I thought you meant a motorcycle.
I like the Softail slim. If I can get it for cheap enough to justify (sub $5k) then why not? The '17 is an ok build and I would be going through the whole thing.

After seeing the neighbor on the back of an adventure bike, that is out of the question for the wife.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hard to tell if this is kids or adulting but this looks fun as hell

You can tell that isn't American because you couldn't find an obese sunburned redneck passed out in the infield wearing an empty 30 pack of Coors light as pants.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I like the Softail slim. If I can get it for cheap enough to justify (sub $5k) then why not? The '17 is an ok build and I would be going through the whole thing.

After seeing the neighbor on the back of an adventure bike, that is out of the question for the wife.
I don't motorbicycle but a few days ago there were some gang members in a car park and when they took off it sounded and smelled like a bunch of really loud lawn mowers. It was pretty funny to watch a stubby little man try to push his big Harley backwards at speed, he looked so pathetic.